A challenging approach...

Where is that, Loren? I've been there but it's been long enough that it's buggin me.....

Wow. What an illustration of what it means to truly fly IFR (I think; I'm strictly VFR). I sent this to a couple of my family members.

Loren: Remember in the other thread how I said your description of your IFR flight was terrifying? I think this video changed my mind. How incredible it must be to be so skillful as to slip through a cloud deck with mountains towering all around, into a smooth landing at your destination.

I doubt I'll ever get to that point, but what a cool thing. Thanks for sharing.

Take the music off of it. Heh...

yge9a4ev.jpg

One of the coolest videos I've seen!! Dropping down through that ocean of clouds was both cool and scary as hell.

Wow. What an illustration of what it means to truly fly IFR (I think; I'm strictly VFR). I sent this to a couple of my family members.

Loren: Remember in the other thread how I said your description of your IFR flight was terrifying? I think this video changed my mind. How incredible it must be to be so skillful as to slip through a cloud deck with mountains towering all around, into a smooth landing at your destination.

I doubt I'll ever get to that point, but what a cool thing. Thanks for sharing.

If you want to acquire those skills, you can. It's just the next step in your pilot training.

This is also a testament to the innovations in navigation we've seen over the last 40 years. Moving map displays and accurate ground charting improves situational awareness to degrees almost unimaginable even 30 years ago, reducing the risk of operations like this tremendously.

Definitely don't want to get off course there.

(Plane seemed to be travelling awful fast at the end of the runway when the video cut out.)

@ 2:45... "OK, stop turning now, stop turning.... STOP turning!"

@ 2:50... "OK TURN FASTER, TURN, TURN, TURN!!!"

Wow.

Back