Hair loss in women

us AAirways

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
us AAirways
A friend of mine, who is 38, started having her hair come out when she brushes it or washes it in the shower. What could cause that? She does have some type of ovarian disease and I wonder if that could be related?

Thanks in advance. :)

Could be stress. Does she have alot of stress in her life? When my previous job was in the process of being eliminated I could grab handful of hair everytime I put my hands through it. Now that that is over I lose alot less. Could be her diet as well. If she isn't getting the nutrients she needs.

Yea, she has quite a bit of stress in her life. She has Fibromyalgia too. I think her diet is pretty healthy though. She tried a new shampoo a few months ago that was supposed to make her hair look better. Coincidentally, that was when it started falling out. She switched back to her old shampoo a month ago, but didn't help the situation so far.

Last edited:
Yea, she has quite a bit of stress in her life. She has Fibromyalgia too. I think her diet is pretty healthy though. She tried a new shampoo a few months ago that was supposed to make her hair look better. Coincidentally, that was when it started falling out. She switched back to her old shampoo a month ago, but didn't help the situation so far.
Might benefit from a medical evaluation. Probably a better bet than soliciting advice from an aviation forum.

Might benefit from a medical evaluation. Probably a better bet than soliciting advice from an aviation forum.
Come on where better to get free medical advice than an aviation forum. In fact I believe Obamacare is including POA as one of their consultation sites.:wink2:

There is a study that founds that lack of sex can cause hair loss in men and women.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back