Redbird Skyport

shyampatel94

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Shyam Patel
Hey everyone! I am a student pilot at Redbird Skyport in San Marcos, TX. I don't know if you guys heard yet but Redbird Skyport will be having 1 dollar AvGas all of October! If you guys don't believe me, then check it out your self! http://redbirdskyport.com/
Redbird is doing this experiment to see if the price of aviation fuel really effects general aviation or not? How do you guys think the turn out will be? Anyone else going to Redbird?

I use Skyport for the excellent service when I visit KHYI, and my son is a student at Texas State. The cheap fuel will be gravy, so to speak.

Have they taken Shane and Is recommendation and only hire scantily clad college girls as CSRs?

Mary was my CMEL CFI and all the CFIs I consider close friends. I'm riding my motorcycle to Logans wedding next month.

Have they taken Shane and Is recommendation and only hire scantily clad college girls as CSRs?

Heheh, I wish buddy, I wish! Call me up when you come down again. Oh and have a very Happy Birthday brotha! :)

Last edited:
My wife and I are planning a trip from Florida to the Phoenix area at the end of October. We can probably arrange a visit and fuel stop in our 172. We would for sure if we could haul more than 40 gallons.

There should be an excellent applicant pool of candidates to hire from with Texas State there.

I'm trying to figure out how offering a temporary fuel discount to near free levels ($1/gallon) proves anything. Maybe I'm missing something - won't be the first time.

Of course everyone is going to swarm in there for gas while it's cheap.

My skeptical side says they are just using this as a business promotion.

I'm trying to figure out how offering a temporary fuel discount to near free levels ($1/gallon) proves anything. Maybe I'm missing something - won't be the first time.

It was certainly a business promotion; it was sponsored by a number of general aviation businesses, along with Redbird Skyport. They also got survey information from the pilots who flew in.

For those who had not previously considered KHYI as an Austin-area stop, it may have helped to promote that idea. The facility is top-notch.

I can vouch for the excellence in service they gave, *before* they gave away any cheap gas. Now, several thousand others have experienced the same thing; perhaps it will carry over into long-term success?

It doesn't prove a blooming thing - but it gets them a great 100% verified database of live pilots with money to spend that they are giving out to their "partners".

I was there once for fuel during the promo, and I've gotten about a dozen pieces of sales literature as a result so far.

It doesn't prove a blooming thing - but it gets them a great 100% verified database of live pilots with money to spend that they are giving out to their "partners".

I was there once for fuel during the promo, and I've gotten about a dozen pieces of sales literature as a result so far.
Not the best leads, really. Just a list of some of the cheapest pilots out there. Doesn't mean they have money to spend.

Back