Prop wash video

iflyblog.com

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
I did this short video back in July, but thought someone on here might like it. Kind of interesting how the condensation rings show up so ghost-like.

If you like Metallica turn it up, if not turn it down - simple, right?

It's 1:16 because I hate long videos.

https://vimeo.com/69766225

:goofy:

That is amazing.

What were the temps and humidity levels?

Thanks! :)
I would have to download my EFIS for the temp. But there was ground fog just east of the field so the dew point and temp were very close that morning. Calm winds - which explains why I managed to stay on the centerline.
Brent

Cool.... it's like walking into one of these at the carnival funhouse.

a4276458-178-Hypnotic%20Spiral%20Picture.gif

Thanks! :)
I would have to download my EFIS for the temp. But there was ground fog just east of the field so the dew point and temp were very close that morning. Calm winds - which explains why I managed to stay on the centerline.
Brent
:rofl:

What kind of plane? Lots of power in a TG. Nice !

Cool.... it's like walking into one of these at the carnival funhouse.

a4276458-178-Hypnotic%20Spiral%20Picture.gif

You are so right about the fun house!

:rofl:

What kind of plane? Lots of power in a TG. Nice !

It's an Vans RV-8.
On that day it had just me in it (165lbs) and half fuel on a 60F morning at 1000' pressure altitude. It has an IO-360 A1A with a Hartzell c/s prop making about 207hp.

Cool video. How wide is that runway?

Thanks Adam! It's 9OA5 - Buckeye "Intranational" or "Executive" depending on which sign you read, both are a play on words since it's just a little private strip. 2764 x 25 ft

I have since moved the airplane to KCMH because 1) It's much closer to my house 2) It's 900 yards from my desk at work

Makes for much more convenient impromptu flying, plus my best flying buddy is there too, our T-hangars face each other.

Buckeye was a half hour drive and it proved to be a drag for that and a couple of other reasons.

Interesting phenemonon...reminds me of the Time Tunnel tv series in the 60's.

What a cool video...I have never seen those before.

I dig the look of the nose cowling of your plane...looks "mean"!

Could ya post a pic of the whole plane? Looking at just the engine nacelle makes me curious.

Cool video btw.

Pretty airplane! Did you see those contrails at the time you were flying, or did you first notice it when you watched the video?

That's a great video, and you have an awesome taste in music for your other videos! Absolutely beautiful machine too. Someday...

Pretty airplane! Did you see those contrails at the time you were flying, or did you first notice it when you watched the video?

Thanks! Yep I could see them very clearly. It startled me at first so I brought the power back, which is why they don't come on strong until I punch it.

That's a great video, and you have an awesome taste in music for your other videos! Absolutely beautiful machine too. Someday...

Thanks!

I've seen them on my prop as well in the right circumstances.

Back