Legal help needed - CA

sferguson524

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FormerSocalFlyer
Before anyone tells me I have a fool for a client, i can't really afford a lawyer. I've been fighting out a protracted divorce, and finally got the settlement in hand, however my ex is hiding behind her attorney to avoid giving me my things. Can someone here help me fill out the paperwork to hold her in contempt? I

I really can't afford to hire a pilot. I finally have the title to a new Cirrus I bought but the broker is hiding behind the FAR's to avoid giving it to me. Can someone please help explain to me how one flies an airplane? I

Only a California licensed attorney can assist you with that. If you are flat out broke then try going to one of your local law schools. They may very well have a domestic relations legal clinic where you can get some assistance.

Adam is correct,

Being essentially married to a lawyer during law school she worked in a law clinic at the school. Currently most schools should be in session so call your local one and they will most likely have a clinic

Also, it is every lawyers unspoken duty to provide about an hour of free legal consultation. If you were to contact a lawyer, prefferably one in the divorce field they can probably help you to a certain extent for free.

Go walk in to your local Family Court office and speak to the clerk in person...they will be able to point you in the right direction and let you know if there are any programs that can help with your fight since you are not in a financial situation to hire a lawyer.

Before anyone tells me I have a fool for a client, i can't really afford a lawyer. I've been fighting out a protracted divorce, and finally got the settlement in hand, however my ex is hiding behind her attorney to avoid giving me my things. Can someone here help me fill out the paperwork to hold her in contempt? I

The other option, which I invoked once at a previous employer who locked and entire division out of the office one morning...Threaten to call the cops. My "explanation" to the employer - he was holding my personal property and was not allowing me to retrieve it, nor was he bringing it to me in undamaged condition on a timely basis.

1. call and see if you qualify for legal aid.
2. you should be able to go to the court house with the judgement that you have or temporary order and they should help you file what is needed to get back in front of a judge.
3. if they are no help you can ask legalzoom.com or local doc prep service if they can help.

I cannot imagine it is going to be that difficult.

Contempt is a criminal complaint, so be careful and tread lightly.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/forms.htm?filter=EN

FL-410 - order to show cause and affidavit for contempt

Having given you that, take some free advice from some random guy on a pilot forum and hire an attorney. Nobody can help you fill out the form or advise you on how to fill out the form properly except an attorney; sucks but that's life.

Back