Now Is The Time To Fly!

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Cool weather, thick air, lots of day light. In the next few weeks this weather will look down right balmy! Get out there and go flying!

I'm headed to several events this weekend in the -10. Flyins, & family things.

Gonna be a great weekend! :yes:

Now get out there and make your own war stories! Go on that cross country, land at new airports, take someone flying that asked a year ago! Get out there and live! :lol::sad:

Yes, I'm still drinking decaf. ;)

Heading down to OFP this weekend to see the in-laws. As for cool weather performance, gonna be bumpin' up against 90 degrees. Some October! Gonna to go west and head down the Shenandoah Valley for a bit. Little early for foliage, but here's hoping

I was gonna go fly Wednesday evening for a while. My arteries had other plans for that night, so any flying I do for the next few months will have to have a CFI in the right seat.

My plane just got out of annual (a relatively inexpensive one, I might add), and the weather here is perfect. You bet I'm flying this weekend!:yes:

We have incredible color in Upper Michigan.

I was gonna go fly Wednesday evening for a while. My arteries had other plans for that night, so any flying I do for the next few months will have to have a CFI in the right seat.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it resolved soon.

Have a checkout planned in the club Archer this weekend... hopefully it'll work out after 3 months of trying to get this set up! Then, taking her down to WV62 for fly fishing in 2 weeks.

We just finished up 0.9 doing stalls, slow flight, simulated engine outs, t-n-g's. $80 worth to hopefully prevent what we see happen so much to our fellow pilots. We'll do some more longer trips when the economy picks back up. Just surviving right now. You guys be safe and have fun.

Flew last night, awesome evening. Landed at a new airport, landed at several old. Great evening.

Moved the aircraft from mass.to fla. During the week,had a flight to lal to visit mechanic.Still summer weather doing my flying in the morning now.

Still building my RV - and having more fun doing that than I would be flying the 172.... :D

If the winds hold off, we have a 4 ship headed to Santa Paula (SZP) on Sunday for their "First Sunday" open house.

Beech Stagerwing, T-41B, C-182RG, C-172, all seats are filled.

My partner flew (N2609L) to OFP this weekend too. what great weather to fly.

Heading down to OFP this weekend to see the in-laws. As for cool weather performance, gonna be bumpin' up against 90 degrees. Some October! Gonna to go west and head down the Shenandoah Valley for a bit. Little early for foliage, but here's hoping

And here I thought this was going to be an REO Speedwagon concert PIREP thread. :)

The cold front is coming through here this weekend. My flying will have to wait until Monday.

The cold front is coming through here this weekend. My flying will have to wait until Monday.
Are you back home now?

This afternoon Tom will be taking his cardiac rehab nurse flying in the Citabria and then we're hanging out by the hangar with several friends near the fire in the fire pit, roasting hot dogs, and marshmallows (s'mores...yummm), drinking hot chocolate and apple cider. I hope the ditch to the runways isn't too deep.

Im staring down at some big thunderstorm with a funny name, no flying this weekend :sad:

Yeah, she ruined my weekend plans!:mad2: we were planning to go to the seafood festival in Destin, it was cancelled.:mad2: I flew down yesterday and instead of spending the weekend at the beach, ate a late lunch and flew my wife and dog home. :dunno: So, at least I got to fly!:D
And the Destin airport is CLOSING for the storm, which now looks like mostly a rainmaker.:yes:

Flying? While(and before) it's getting colder, my sunny days have been consumed by "flying" my 61 year old Craftsman orbital sander. This house was built in 1997; I bought it in 2007; and whoever painted the three decks should be drawn and quartered. During the 10 years before and the 6 years since my ownership the paint has slowly dried, flaked, peeled. So I got an estimate to strip and stain. "Jerry, you could build new decks cheaper than what you'd pay my crew to strip and sand those places and rail spindles of all that paint. That was in 2012. In 2013 I'm doing it myself. The lower deck(pictured) is 17' x 26'; upper deck(to the left, when it was "in process") is 14' x 23'; and the rear decking(right background of 1st picture) is 6' x 32'. Upper deck(except for rail spindles) is done -- two coats Cabot Redwood. Pictured deck: one coat(except for under the table which has now been moved and area sanded). Rear area still to be attacked. All that comprises a lot of sanding.

Oh, flying? I did get in 2.9 hours of recent hood time with CFI; total flight time of nearly 20 hours since August 18, anywhere from 2.5 to 5 hours per mission.

So busy! Three of my resellers called me; each was out of stock of my books. New printing is en route from the printer. Retired? No, I think retarded.

HR

Attachments

• DSC03560.JPG
    22.6 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC03317.JPG
    14.8 MB · Views: 5
Yeah. I wish I was flying today. DAMN YOU, money!

Yeah, she ruined my weekend plans!:mad2: we were planning to go to the seafood festival in Destin, it was cancelled.:mad2: I flew down yesterday and instead of spending the weekend at the beach, ate a late lunch and flew my wife and dog home. :dunno: So, at least I got to fly!:D
And the Destin airport is CLOSING for the storm, which now looks like mostly a rainmaker.:yes:

Yeah I was looking forward to the festival. The school district cancelled all weekend activites (homecoming dance). Airport is closed. Good weekend. :no:

Yeah I was looking forward to the festival. The school district cancelled all weekend activites (homecoming dance). Airport is closed. Good weekend. :no:

I just saw they are now going to leave the airports open! :D Of course, I am back in Atlanta! :mad2:

And here I thought this was going to be an REO Speedwagon concert PIREP thread. :)

That cold crap better get the hell back out of there, I've got to go to St Louis on the 18-20th.

BillTIZ,

You're going to fly in this Santa Ana wind? I want to get the Youtube video of your landing. :D

Winds are supposed to die off Sat. We'll be checking it in the morning.
It was a little windy in LAS on Fri, but it's a beautiful afternoon on Sat.

We fly Sun AM.

I'm hoping for some decent weather tomorrow so that I can put a solid 4 or 5 hours on the Flybaby.

BillTIZ,

You're going to fly in this Santa Ana wind? I want to get the Youtube video of your landing. :D

Winds were smooth in the desert, northerly. Getting into the valley west of Magic Kingdom and descending we hit a few bumps. Santa Paula was reporting Rwy 4 with winds VRB 040/070 10G15. Not too bad.

Got some formation with the Staggerwing and the T-41B heading west.

Good climb out heading east to Fox Field, into a wind no issues.
Winds at Fox on the ground, 070 11G19, 82F

Returned via Fox Field for fuel and late lunch. Cruising over Dagget on the return, 9500MSL, 2300 RPM, 20MP, 16C, DA 11500, 13GPH, TAS 153, GS 137 computed winds 348/16. Smooth.

4.3 on the Hobbs, round trip from VGT.

I tried to fly today but the airplane broke again.

Back