Stuck in South Dakota

JetHikingGypsy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JetHikingGypsy
I haven't had much luck at Rapid City Airport and am trying to hitch a flight Wyoming next, marking state #42 on my JetHiking journey. Know anyone based in the Black Hills?

I'm desperately trying to make it to Alaska this year and am running out of time..once again.

Thanks for any help,
Amber

The AK people told us to show up on Sept 1 and leave by Sept 15 to get the best weather, fewest bugs and tourists. They say it always snows on Sept 16. You might consider re-working your schedule.

I haven't had much luck at Rapid City Airport and am trying to hitch a flight Wyoming next, marking state #42 on my JetHiking journey. Know anyone based in the Black Hills?

I'm desperately trying to make it to Alaska this year and am running out of time..once again.

Thanks for any help,
Amber

Darn. I just pointed out to someone that they were just at KRAP when you were there on FB. I think they departed this morning. Maybe not.

I don't really have a schedule... I'm just trying to get there (to AK)....I made it out of SD and am in Cheyenne WY now trying to hop another flight. Not much action at this airport either though...mostly charters and commercial flights heading to Denver.

The AK people told us to show up on Sept 1 and leave by Sept 15 to get the best weather, fewest bugs and tourists. They say it always snows on Sept 16. You might consider re-working your schedule.

August had the best weather, tourist start dying down in September and is probably the sweet spot for going... be gone by October.

I don't really have a schedule... I'm just trying to get there (to AK)....I made it out of SD and am in Cheyenne WY now trying to hop another flight. Not much action at this airport either though...mostly charters and commercial flights heading to Denver.

Hang around for Frontier days. Uhh. I guess it's over...

Back