N.F.L. Fans Met by Tighter Bag Policy

The NFL takes the opportunity, play the security card, to enhance their concession stand income. Had they done this prior to the Patriot's Day bombing, everyone would have seen through it.
Now, just like the TSA, we all roll over and take it again.

The NFL takes the opportunity, play the security card, to enhance their concession stand income. Had they done this prior to the Patriot's Day bombing, everyone would have seen through it.
Now, just like the TSA, we all roll over and take it again.

As long as they quit using tax dollars to build stadiums, I don't care if they require cavity searches to enter. The last time I got on an airliner was to r. see my father before he passed away. I'm not seeing another reason in my future to get on one. Going to a $100 a ticket NFL game for ****ty seats to pay $10.00 for a bottle of water all while watching millionaire prima donnas engage in drama that would be too much for the SOAP network.... isn't on my list of things to do.

DirecTV Sunday Ticket has no such restrictions and I can watch every game all season for the price of two NFL tickets. In comfort.

My cousin had extra tickets to a Phillies game (MLB) a few months ago, so I went. To my surprise, I was patted down upon presenting my ticket at the gate. Actually patted down around my waste, and legs. I expect that at the class b airport, but not at the baseball park. Truly disgusting.

My cousin had extra tickets to a Phillies game (MLB ) a few months ago, so I went. To my surprise, I was patted down upon presenting my ticket at the gate. Actually patted down around my waste, and legs. I expect that at the class b airport, but not at the baseball park. Truly disgusting.

Yabut Phillies fans deserve it Anthony! :D

That's one reason I watch football from my living room....

I won't be attending another NFL game. This is the final straw. The good news is that I can buy a new TV for the cost of attending a couple of games.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'll bet they're just doing this so you have to buy their beer.

...and soda and candy and nuts.

I have not attended an NFL game in over ten years, probably won't again. But hell, I am old enough to remember when there was a professional football them in the Dallas area! :yes:

It's interesting in KC - you can go the MLB game on one side of the parking lot and the NFL game on the other side. At the baseball games purses and bags will be checked, and guys have to take off their hats (I guess they think you can hide something under your hat.)

At the NFL games, we've just had one preseason home game so far, you now have to have everything inside a clear plastic 1-gallon bag or for $10 you can buy a bag. Women are allowed a small hand-sized clutch purse. You can still carry in a factory sealed water bottle. I haven't been to a football game in years, so I don't know about pat-downs.

Until the Boston bombing, I would believe that they really just want to prevent people from bringing in liqour. Lord knows there are enough drunk football fans (and even a couple baseball fans) from tailgating in the parking lots. Now, of course, it's for 'security'.

Last edited:
Baseball and American football are best seen on a wide screen at home. The real trick is to be able to cook food in a microwave during a time-out. Two minute recipes anyone?

The NFL restrictions were well publicized. Although I suppose there are people still showing up at airport security check-in with baseball bats and other forbidden items.

Baseball and American football are best seen on a wide screen at home. The real trick is to be able to cook food in a microwave during a time-out. Two minute recipes anyone?
A word that'll change your life: TIVO. Pause the game for as long as you want. Skim through the timeout/commercials when you get back.

Ron Wanttaja

OK, they were interviewing some lady on the TeeVee news the other night that apparently missed ALL the warnings for the Washington football game. She was ****ing and moaning about not being able to take her $400 Gucci bag into the game. But she asked the TV news crew to hold on to it for here because she took the Metro to the game and there was not enough time to take it home.

Riddle me this: who takes a $400 bag to sit in the "cheap" seats at a pro football game anyway?

OK, they were interviewing some lady on the TeeVee news the other night that apparently missed ALL the warnings for the Washington football game. She was ****ing and moaning about not being able to take her $400 Gucci bag into the game. But she asked the TV news crew to hold on to it for here because she took the Metro to the game and there was not enough time to take it home.

Riddle me this: who takes a $400 bag to sit in the "cheap" seats at a pro football game anyway?

A $400 bag is a cheap one.

"NFL fans met by a tighter bag policy"

And we all know that's a huge issue because all NFL fans have loose bags.

I occasionally attend a NBA game courtesy of a friend who is a coach of the local team. I'm always impressed at their ability to squeeze an entire ballgame in between the commercial time-outs.

Between bag checks, e-mail hacks, phone traces, domestic drone surveillance, and cameras at almost every intersection, it is a virtual 1984.

The terrorists have won. Or at least, we have lost.

I don't see the benefit in creating the illusion of a risk free society.

Between bag checks, e-mail hacks, phone traces, domestic drone surveillance, and cameras at almost every intersection, it is a virtual 1984.

Terrorism is just the excuse. Go read about the Reichstag fire.

And unfortunately, this is where there is no partisan bickering.

The local NFL stadium staffs their concession stands(at least in part) with volunteers. Send X volunteers to work a game and get money for your nonprofit. Certain that works out in their favor ten ways to Sunday. I was all set to sell hotdogs for the nobility of it until I got the security procedures email. To hell with good causes, the children can starve.

The NFL restrictions were well publicized. Although I suppose there are people still showing up at airport security check-in with baseball bats and other forbidden items.

Gotta disagree about baseball. It's best to watch in person. On TV you don't get that feeling when you walk through that tunnel on a summer afternoon or evening and come out on the other side to that immaculate grass. You don't get to see the fielders as they all react to a ball in play, you don't get the same feel from a TV replay that you get when you see a well turned double play. And you don't get the same sound of the ball popping in a glove unless you hear it in person.

--

I got stuck in a TSA line behind a guy with a bowling pin in his carry on. I took my time putting my shoes back on so I could see how it turned out. A supervisor got called and started opening his notebooks. There were all sorts of sporting goods listed, but nothing about bowling pins. TSA eventually decided the guy wasn't going to use it as a weapon and let him through

Gotta disagree about baseball. It's best to watch in person.
Agree. Baseball on TV drives me nuts.

When did it become mandatory for every pitch of every game to be shot from the center field camera (aka the worst seat in the ballpark) -- with nobody in the shot except pitcher, batter, catcher and home plate umpire*, and the distances between them distorted by the long lens? Oh yeah, it was when they started plastering ads on the backstop. :mad2:

[*and the moron in the stands with cell phone to his ear waving madly every time the camera is on him]

We don't have that problem in KC.

Best one I saw on a televised Nats game was two guys in row 1, directly behind the plate, dressed in umpire garb and mocking the umpire's calls. At some point I saw the usher come down and tell them to cease and desist. It was very amusing at the time & went on for a couple of innings.

Best one I saw on a televised Nats game was two guys in row 1, directly behind the plate, dressed in umpire garb and mocking the umpire's calls. At some point I saw the usher come down and tell them to cease and desist. It was very amusing at the time & went on for a couple of innings.

Those are great seats for a baseball game, the downside is EVERYONE knows you are at the game. One of Atlanta's local politicians is always in those seats, they may be his season tickets, but I figure they are "complimentary" ;)

Nice - at least they weren't reading a book like that KC guy.

For a number of years, maybe he's still at it, there was a guy in either Miami or TB who sat by himself, in the middle of all the empty seats behind home plate, and mercilessly heckled the opposing batters. Impossible not to hear him.

No..the best is the guy mocking bj motions sitting there. There's a youtube video for it

Back