Diana found one of these guys

Anybody got a copy of the radio recording he talks about in the article? I'd like to hear it.

I think at least some of it is in one of the Pilotcasts...

One pilot, taking up bandwidth sufficient to land twenty others. Nice.

I didn't even fly there, and *I* knew the procedure better than he did.

Dean said:
And thats why I don't fly to Oshkosh.
Oh, well, I guess I'll keep flying in. I LOVE to live with my airplane at OSH. I'm going to try to get there earlier next time, though. We've stayed at all kinds of places in various locations during AirVenture before, and there is nothing like living it and breathing it night and day right in the thick of it. :)

Diana said:
Oh, well, I guess I'll keep flying in. I LOVE to live with my airplane at OSH. I'm going to try to get there earlier next time, though. We've stayed at all kinds of places in various locations during AirVenture before, and there is nothing like living it and breathing it night and day right in the thick of it. :)

I think we're gonna try to get up there 1-2 days before the start and MAYBE stay for the first day. I'd LOVE to sit there and watch the lots fill up. A lawn chair, Pepsi, and snickers bar - what else could I need!?! :D

-Chris

CJones said:
I think we're gonna try to get up there 1-2 days before the start and MAYBE stay for the first day. I'd LOVE to sit there and watch the lots fill up. A lawn chair, Pepsi, and snickers bar - what else could I need!?! :D

-Chris

So, you got those endorsement deals, huh? :D

FlyNE said:
So, you got those endorsement deals, huh? :D

LOL... Actually, I was hoping for REACTIVE endorsements -- I endorse them now and they realize how much business I am sending their way and THEN they pay me. :)

-Chris

OMG.

I sit and prepare at least a day in advance just to go to a new airport for landing practice. This bozo apparently just jumped into his plane to go to Osh with both eyes tightly closed and the fact he has "reservations" all the clearance he needs.

I salute the controllers for their patience. I liked that the one got out the thinly veiled comment to "suggest you turn back to the airport and get it" when the pilot said he left his TFR info at the airport. (And then all but admitted he either didn't have a sectional or didn't know how to use one.)

Sheesh.

Look up the definition of Idiot and you'll see a pic. of this guy i'm positive. WHAT A ASS.
Dave G

Diana said:
I love to also...but this year I was cutoff by a Baron who was flying the lower altitude and mucking up the traffic. He was ordered by the guy in the pickup to turn 100 and land at FonDuLac. He turned- right in front of me, climbed a bit, descended, didn't called fonDulac tower, landed, and cut me off (I was cleared to land) and then occupied the fuel ramp so that taxiing to the tiedowns was impossible.

Unfortunately the least common denominator moron is getting impossible. I'm giving up my EAA membership when it next comes up. It's too dangerous associating with these morons.

Problem is that these idiots and the problems associated with them are at every airport, everyday.

OSH just serves to concentrate them in one area in a condensed time period. They are just as dangerous and just as stupid the rest of the year, at your airport and mine.

To make matters worse we have schools turning out more and more of them everyday, then they become instructors and just perpetuate the problem.

Diana said:

Amen to that.

The trick to beating the bozos and the traffic: Don't arrive at 9 AM on Monday. :no: I arrived at about 7:20 PM on Sunday evening, and things were fairly calm. You can listen to my entire arrival at http://pilotcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=117550 (be warned that it's an hour long, but we've gotten a lot of positive feedback on it.)

Also, I left right before the airshow. Started the engine 10 mins before the field closed, and never stopped. I was cleared for takeoff as soon as I showed up on the runway.

I usually fly in IFR the day before - never a problem. Departing can take a while, but so far in six trips I've only done the VFR arrival once.

Back