Golf Tourn help

Darrell111

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Darrell111
Ok lets see what kind of help you guys/gals might be able to give me. For the past two years i have organized our channel golf tournament here at Cingular and this year i want to make it even better.

What are some fun things or games to play other then just longest drive or closest to the hole that i could incorporate into this years tournament. We have financial backing from Nokia, Motorola, Lg and others so the cost to the individual player is minimal. So with that in mind what might your past experiences provide me.

Thanks in advance.

Darrell

Darrell,
At the last "tournament" I went to was to raise
funds for a local high school cheerleading squad.
While awaiting our tee times they held a putting contest on the practice putting green. IIRC it was 4 putts at different holes from different distances. The one with the lowest score won. The prize was green fees at Pinehurst I believe.(was not me for sure!I am one of those that drive for show, but cannot putt for the dough!) Another thing they did was to allow you to purchase up to three mulligans for $5 each and could be used at any time. I dont think this would work for you as you are not trying to raise moneys for a cause, just thought I'd mention it.
Of course a cart riding around with a pretty girl giving out complementary beer/soft drink/water etc is a must!

cherokeeflyboy said:
Darrell,
At the last "tournament" I went to was to raise
funds for a local high school cheerleading squad.
While awaiting our tee times they held a putting contest on the practice putting green. IIRC it was 4 putts at different holes from different distances. The one with the lowest score won. The prize was green fees at Pinehurst I believe.(was not me for sure!I am one of those that drive for show, but cannot putt for the dough!) Another thing they did was to allow you to purchase up to three mulligans for $5 each and could be used at any time. I dont think this would work for you as you are not trying to raise moneys for a cause, just thought I'd mention it.
Of course a cart riding around with a pretty girl giving out complementary beer/soft drink/water etc is a must!

Fantastic idea!! Thanks i think we will have to do that!

I 2nd the Beverage girls.. only i usually only have to purchase cold coke and ice from them since my friend Jack likes to hide in my bag ;)

One of my favorite formats is the "4 club" format. You're only allowed 4 clubs in the bag for the entire round, and that includes the putter. Of course, you could putt with your driver if you wanted to.
I would play the round with a 5w, 7iron, PW, and putter, FWIW. Where's the tourney?

BTW,here's a link to give you some more suggestions.

http://www.usga.org/championships/amateur_golf_competitions/for_your_club.html

Last edited:
All players play from Senior tees.

In addition to the longest drive, have a "most accurate drive". Run a line of lime (what they use for batter boxes) down the center of the fairway and the one closest to the line wins the hole. One caveat, start the line about 200 yards beyond the tee box to prevent someone (other than Tiger) hitting a 9 iron off the tee.
And yes, beer babes!

kevin47881 said:
In addition to the longest drive, have a "most accurate drive". Run a line of lime (what they use for batter boxes) down the center of the fairway and the one closest to the line wins the hole. One caveat, start the line about 200 yards beyond the tee box to prevent someone (other than Tiger) hitting a 9 iron off the tee.
And yes, beer babes!

Great idea too. If the course will let us do that i dont see why not! :)

It's not very expensive to give away a car. I'm working on a tournament now, and the Ford Hybrid we're planning on giving away should anyone get a hole-in-one on a par 3 is only about $585 for the insurance policy.

This tee is where the beer girls go, of course.

In the unlikely event they balk at running a line of lime, just get a 100 yards of brightly colored yarn and stake it to the fairway with yard stakes (dang, this sentence is a tongue twister :D ).

Jebert said:
It's not very expensive to give away a car. I'm working on a tournament now, and the Ford Hybrid we're planning on giving away should anyone get a hole-in-one on a par 3 is only about $585 for the insurance policy.

This tee is where the beer girls go, of course.

I dont think i understand.. sounds cheap but.... the details are a bit sketchy to me haha :D

kevin47881 said:
In the unlikely event they balk at running a line of lime, just get a 100 yards of brightly colored yarn and stake it to the fairway with yard stakes (dang, this sentence is a tongue twister :D ).

Fantastic idea :) I think that would go over well with the course :)

Darrell111 said:
I dont think i understand.. sounds cheap but.... the details are a bit sketchy to me haha :D

Late reply..but you contact your local Ford dealer and ask for a Hole in One prize package. They do all the work and it costs relatively little.

Back