Cancer

chambers

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Builder
Hanging up the headset for good. Doctors say I have cancer.....Multiple melanoma they say. Anway looks like the end of my flying. Was great while it lasted

Hanging up the headset for good. Doctors say I have cancer.....Multiple melanoma they say. Anway looks like the end of my flying. Was great while it lasted

That's no good. Hoping for a quick recovery. In the meantime, can you fly with another pilot, assuming your treatment prevents you from acting as PIC?

Best wishes. Obviously not what you or anybody else wants to hear, but some friends and neighbors have seen good results from the ongoing methods of treatment. I hope you do too.

Very sorry to hear your report.
I am dealing with a brother who is going through with the same situation.

He has good days and bad days, of late they have been mostly good. I truly hope you do too.
Be as open and honest with your family as possible. Talk a lot with them and try not to let the anger spill over in those conversations. They are your greatest cheering team!
Please keep us updated.

Lynn

Best of luck! Hope you are able to beat it. There are other things besides flying, although it might be hard to discern from this board...

I have a customer that has been going to Little Rock for almost 10 years for treatments. I wish you the best of luck.

Not sure where you are located but if it's anywhere near me, I am more than happy to take you flying. Best of luck with your treatments, we are all hoping for a speedy recovery!

Man.. For what it's worth coming from a random guy on the internet, I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong! I wish you the very best! May God bless you..

Not sure where you are located but if it's anywhere near me, I am more than happy to take you flying. Best of luck with your treatments, we are all hoping for a speedy recovery!

Same here...KPMH.

Builder: Multiple Myeloma is EASILY driven into remission, and then is an uneventful special issuance for each of perhaps 10 years.... Don't sell the bird yet!

Myeloma as in the blood+bone cancer or melanoma as in the skin growth ? Both are bad news, but in a different kind of way.

Sorry to hear this. Get well, then worry about your flying opportunities.

I am so sorry to hear that. Work on your health, and find a friend to take you flying. Positive mental health helps the physical. Good luck and beat this thing....

Builder: Multiple Myeloma is EASILY driven into remission, and then is an uneventful special issuance for each of perhaps 10 years.... Don't sell the bird yet!

Positive words in a tough situation! Hope what Bruce describes is in your future!

Myeloma and melanoma are very different beasts, despite the eponymous similarities. Best of luck.

Bummer, wishing you the best in beating this terrible disease. Stay positive and do your best.

Terry

Many thanks to all who responded for their kind thoughts and generous offers. What I have is myeloma, a disease of the blood and bone. I don't think I can beat it.
I have undergone radiation treatment (5X), and now I am on chemo treatments for the next 45 weeks.
At this point it's one day at a time.

Many thanks to all who responded for their kind thoughts and generous offers. What I have is myeloma, a disease of the blood and bone. I don't think I can beat it.
I have undergone radiation treatment (5X), and now I am on chemo treatments for the next 45 weeks.

Don't be so down. The treatments of liquid tumors have improved markedly in the last couple decades. But you will feel like crap during the chemo no doubt. Good luck, beat this thing.

I sincerely hope you are right,,,,,,,however I have not seen anything that would suggest a survival rate much beyond one in three past 5 yrs. Do you have any info I could read?

Unfortunately too late for the bird........I sold it a week ago

Tough deal. Survival for the individual depends on a lot of factors including staging and kidney function at the outset and the statistics dont necessarily determine your particular outcome.

If you are up for a fight, consider going to a place like Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC or MD Anderson in Houston and see whether you may be a candidate for a clinical trial.

My customer has been going here for 10 yrs...

UAMS Myeloma Institute in Little Rock, AR.

Don't be so down. The treatments of liquid tumors have improved markedly in the last couple decades. But you will feel like crap during the chemo no doubt. Good luck, beat this thing.

He's not being down. It appears he is being pragmatic, while undergoing clearly aggressive treatment.

I will say this.. a positive attitude is important for a positive outcome. A desire to "beat this" is the motivator that will ensure you keep appointments, undergo therapies and increase the likelihood of remission.

I sincerely hope you are right,,,,,,,however I have not seen anything that would suggest a survival rate much beyond one in three past 5 yrs. Do you have any info I could read?

Unfortunately too late for the bird........I sold it a week ago
In the tough ones, all eventually depends on whether you are a bone marrow xplant candidate.

In the easy ones, Thalidomide and/or a few others gets you a good remission.

In the tough ones, all eventually depends on whether you are a bone marrow xplant candidate.

In the easy ones, Thalidomide and/or a few others gets you a good remission.
Not a bone marrow transplant candidate......Our wonderful health care system won.t cover if you are over 65 yrs

Not a bone marrow transplant candidate......Our wonderful health care system won.t cover if you are over 65 yrs

That is just great......

We went through something like this with a little boy of 3 years old.
Without getting into a bunch of details and making this really long. The treatment he needed was decided by a group of people at a table. We fought with all our might to get a certain treatment done. They would not do it, not needed is what we were told.
Jump a head a little and now this treatment must be done or he dies but guess what, its to late, they had a door for this treatment and they let that door or time go by. He died a month after his 6 birthday.

I am so sorry to read this, made me tear up as soon as I read it. God Bless you and my prayers go out to you my friend.

Tony

Welcome to O____care. I just shephered my B-I-L's C182 partner through this. Mike is 72, but he was still working and had BC/BS. He did well.

Great, huh?
Change
Hope
....are not destinations.

No we don't have "death panels".
Nope. Not really.

Don't quit and keep fighting. Take up an offer to go flying with a poa'er. I'm sure that will be good for you when you feel up for it. Where do you fly out of?

Don't quit and keep fighting. Take up an offer to go flying with a poa'er. I'm sure that will be good for you when you feel up for it. Where do you fly out of?
Cykz ( Toronto/ buttonville )

Soon to be ours tho......:mad:

Sorry, that comment about a group of people at a table deciding if a patient lives or dies was about the U.S. That's how a for-profit business works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back