Piper is not flying true

Wish this forum had Private Messages - it seems a shame to waste everyone else's time with this, but who you callin' "n00b"?

I only asked you why you had to play that silly game of "mine is better than yours"? IMHO that doesn't add much to this or any other conversation. I didn't call you any names, so why do you feel the need to go there?

I may not have gotten your "joke" (must not have been much of one) but I can certainly trump your little "PP(HP)ASEL - Instrument Ground Class Clown" with my:

CP-ASMEL-I (+HP+TW) + A&P plus 25+ years of professional experience in the aviation industry, not to mention starting off way back then graduating "with Honors" and Dean's List with a BS in Aviation Technology from one of the best aviation-oriented universities in the country (even world!)

...Consider this - at least the Piper wings (low wings that is) are held on by a lot more than just 3 bolts each! (The Cessnas have only 2 in the root and 1 at the end of the strut.)

But they're mo bigga ;)

Wish this forum had Private Messages - it seems a shame to waste everyone else's time with this, but who you callin' "n00b"?

I only asked you why you had to play that silly game of "mine is better than yours"? IMHO that doesn't add much to this or any other conversation. I didn't call you any names, so why do you feel the need to go there?

I may not have gotten your "joke" (must not have been much of one) but I can certainly trump your little "PP(HP)ASEL - Instrument Ground Class Clown" with my:

CP-ASMEL-I (+HP+TW) + A&P plus 25+ years of professional experience in the aviation industry, not to mention starting off way back then graduating "with Honors" and Dean's List with a BS in Aviation Technology from one of the best aviation-oriented universities in the country (even world!)
Ummm it does

And my 182 is the bestest ever

Now that we have wandered totally of the original topic.

Wish this forum had Private Messages

Left click on the user name.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=11181

Yeah, you won't fall out. Looking down at the earth from 11,000 feet from the passenger seat is concerning.

The only time I had that "funny feeling" of being up high on the edge of something while flying was leaning out the door (either open or off) to look at the water under the airplane. Aerobatics are fine, sitting there or leaning out just a little is fine - but leaning out too much was too much.

...The only time I had that "funny feeling" of being up high on the edge of something while flying was leaning out the door (either open or off) to look at the water under the airplane. Aerobatics are fine, sitting there or leaning out just a little is fine - but leaning out too much was too much.

I can get the heebies just flying above 7000 feet or so. Looking out front is not bad. I look directly down and hafta grab the panel to hold on. :hairraise:

:rofl:

....and yes, I literally laughed out loud...my coworkers heard me.

When you banter with the Class Clown, what does that make you?:D

Take a chill pill

Yeah, you won't fall out. Looking down at the earth from 11,000 feet from the passenger seat is concerning.

Bunch of sissies. Back in the '70s, towing gliders on hot days, we took both doors off the Auster and flew it like that. Nothing more than a lap belt, and it pretty old and questionable, too.

cover.jpg

Dan

Bunch of sissies. Back in the '70s, towing gliders on hot days, we took both doors off the Auster and flew it like that. Nothing more than a lap belt, and it pretty old and questionable, too.

cover.jpg

Dan

I wish you were in Texas - Would kill for a ride in that Auster.

I wish you were in Texas - Would kill for a ride in that Auster.

I got that shot off the 'net. My pictures of the old Auster are buried somewhere in boxes after too many moves. It was a great old airplane. Flew like a truck. Sounded like an old tractor.

Dan

Back