Display name:
Geico
Oshkosh?

Solo?

Tail Wheel endorsement?

Local Flyins?

Hitch a ride in an RV? :D

Clean out the hangar?

What are your specific goals for this summer?

To spend most of it somewhere other than Dallas.

Oshkosh?

Solo?

Tail Wheel endorsement?

Local Flyins?

Hitch a ride in an RV? :D

Clean out the hangar?

What are your specific goals for this summer?

Install AC in the 310 before winter.

Oshkosh! Spending time volunteering at the greatest aviation gathering in the world! :goofy:

2 whole weeks worth! :yes:

Typical engineer time-table.

It's management's job to forecast need in time for engineering to execute in a manner to slip the schedule far enough to make the modification irrelevant.

Be checked out in a Cirrus SR20 and back working on my instrument rating.

It's management's job to forecast need in time for engineering to execute in a manner to slip the schedule far enough to make the modification irrelevant.

:rofl:

Ayup, and the engineers are really good at it.

:rofl:

Ayup, and the engineers are really good at it.

Of course, if I manage to slip the schedule enough it'll be installed for next summer...

Or winter. :D

win Kowbell

Diamond Distance

win Wooden Wings trophy

do well at contest in Moriarty

rack up as many hours on the Tcraft as possible!

well, I guess since it's summer now, my first goal is to solo. if this stooopid wx would cooperate, it should be SOON!

Fly this summer as often as I can to get to my first solo. Hopefully I will try to get my sport pilot certificate before I go back to college in late August. I am now on a roll and there is nothing to stop me from achieving my dreams of becoming a sport pilot.

My Private/SEL checkride! Well, that, and to not crash as someone else mentioned above... :)

Oshkosh! 31 years in a row sounds really, really good.

Aerobatics! Now that we have the -8A, we want to learn "Gentleman's Aerobatics".

Sell the Pathfinder! Two planes rock, but my temporary hangar space is, well, temporary!

Fly-Ins! We resolve to attend pancake breakfasts, etc., now that we've got the hotel mostly finished.

Otherwise, the main goal is to just fly the pants off the new bird.

I find if I dont set goals I will never be disappointed but will instead surprise myself with how lazy I am yet still able to accomplish something.

OSH for sure , seaplane rating,fly at least twice a week tour new airports.

Don't fly in really hot weather.
Learn how to become a Dawn Patrol pilot. (I generally arrive at the airport at 10:30 am.)

1. Pass check ride
2. Fly safely
3. Fly awesomely

Tailwheel endorsement: in progress.

My first BFR is coming up this fall. Might roll it in to the tailwheel transition and just get it over with.

Found a local airport that rents 152s for less than I've been paying to rent LSAs. Possible time building option.

Also considering Smoketown fly-in and/or Tangier and/or a trip to 20N/1B1.

Fly to Oshkosh again
Fly in the RV-14A at Oshkosh
Start a build of some RV or another or decide it isn't going to happen now
Virginia Beach flying Family Vacation
Stay IFR current

Hey, now, I think I am 'management' in this instance.......

Hey, now, I think I am 'management' in this instance.......

In which case you fire the engineer for not making deadlines, declare the money saved from lowered payroll cost a success, and pay yourself a healthy bonus before retiring.

In which case you fire the engineer for not making deadlines, declare the money saved from lowered payroll cost a success, and pay yourself a healthy bonus before retiring.

Do I get to collect unemployment then?

Not to crash, not to rash. :)

To stay IFR proficient (current is a given until end of November now).

Attend as many fly-ins as possible. Maybe even 6Y9.

To do a real cross country trip. The possibilities include flying to CA (Bay area) or to the east coast. I'm leaning toward the former. The Branded Bird may have other ideas, however. :(

1. 100 hours XC time. Hit that on the way to Gaston's for the PoA fly-in.
2. Long solo cross country. Did KOLV-3A1-KGKT-KRNC-KOLV 2 weekends ago (7.5 hours).
3. 200 hours total time. After last weekend just 5.1 hours to go.
4. Fly with more precision. Never ending.

Sell the Pathfinder! Two planes rock, but my temporary hangar space is, well, temporary!

Hey, if you're looking for a temporary caretaker, I'd be happy to take Atlas off your hands for a while and keep him (him?) exercised :). If you want to send Atlas up to CT, that is.....

Don't fly in really hot weather.
Learn how to become a Dawn Patrol pilot. (I generally arrive at the airport at 10:30 am.)

I've tried it and Dawn..... is just too damn early!
Formed the Noon Patrol ~Turbulence~ ain't so bad after all.

Last edited:
To get the hell out of nerve wracking, Experimental test-flying over ice cold water and just, fly again.

Last edited:
Lotsa luck with that. Have you seen the cat-herding commercial.

Well, Laurie and I did fly 32 cats in the 310 once. Does that count?

Wake up each morning capable of going flying

(at a certain age your goals become more modest) :D

Hey, if you're looking for a temporary caretaker, I'd be happy to take Atlas off your hands for a while and keep him (him?) exercised :). If you want to send Atlas up to CT, that is.....

Hey!!! i wanna caretake atlas in CA.. :nono:

Back