The Pope is quite ill - NA

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
He is back in the hospital. I'm bummed. Poor man, I really like and admire him. He's had quite a life.

I actually got to see him in November, I was in Rome and attended a Papal Audience. I am really glad I did.

I understand that he's undergoing/undergone an emergency tracheotomy.

Greebo said:
I understand that he's undergoing/undergone an emergency tracheotomy.

News reports last night said that he had a tracheotomy to help him breath. I did hear conflicting reports this morning with regards to the use of a ventilator. One radio station was reporting that he was on one for a period of time and the other was saying he was not. Funny that both radio stations are owned by the same company.

Len

I hope this doesn't become the fiasco like when Arafat died. (he's dead. no, he isn't).

woodstock said:
I hope this doesn't become the fiasco like when Arafat died. (he's dead. no, he isn't).

IIRC, there's a very formal process for notification. Unlikely that it will be a fiasco.

wow this was two popes ago. before i realized that nick was on another necroposting spree i was wondering if it was the new pope or old pope that was ill.

Was this originally for the Polack or the German? This is starting to sound like a bad joke.

Was this originally for the Polack or the German? This is starting to sound like a bad joke.

BTW, the great irony of Polish jokes is that the Poles were the ones who first figured out how to break the "unbreakable" code of the "Master Race."

Is International Immobiliare involved?

The cheery ones never seem to last. I think the job is just too tough for men of that disposition.

He is looking pretty good now. I think he will be fine.

Back