flying at RUT

grattonja

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saratoga driver
We are moving. My wife and I, both 700 hour, commercial rated, single engine pilots, are moving from LNS and leaving our favorite club Saratoga behind. We will be at Southern Vt Regional, RUT, and we need to find something to fly. Does anyone know of planes for rent, or of a club, or of anyone looking for pilots to partner with, etc? We will live right under the pattern, so can’t get much closer, and are rather anxious to find some way to keep our feet off the ground.

Jim G

Also posted on the Red Board. PS. Glad to be back on here, haven't been around much in a while.

Who the heck am I going to call for Court Advice in Lancaster County? Its been quite a while Jim, hope you are back for more than just this post.

I've rented out of RUT a bit over the years(family lives in the area) not recently. Usually the FBO has decent 172s at one point I did a FR in a newer PA-28. If you like the hoop jumping CAP has a hangar and plane on the airport. I believe there is an EAA chapter based there as well. Pretty quiet place.

Who the heck am I going to call for Court Advice in Lancaster County? Its been quite a while Jim, hope you are back for more than just this post.

Me too. Hope to have a bit more time to focus back on the flying. I shall miss you, and the Wings fly-in (maybe I'll make it down some time from RUT).

Jim G

I've rented out of RUT a bit over the years(family lives in the area) not recently. Usually the FBO has decent 172s at one point I did a FR in a newer PA-28. If you like the hoop jumping CAP has a hangar and plane on the airport. I believe there is an EAA chapter based there as well. Pretty quiet place.

The last I knew the FBO wasn't renting anymore, but I'll have to see if that is still true. I probably logged time in the same newer pa28 myself back when I was working on PP. I'll have to talk to CAP. Didn't know they were active on the field.

My kingdom for a decent flying club...

Jim G

Slim pickings. There is a small glider club in Springfield, and very nice one in Sugarbush. The Sugarbush club had a LSA club/rental thing going on a couple of years ago don't know the current status. There is a guy on the purpleboard that flies out of RUT, post over there he might know something.

Me too. Hope to have a bit more time to focus back on the flying. I shall miss you, and the Wings fly-in (maybe I'll make it down some time from RUT).

Jim G

Jim, We have folks fly in from a lot farther than KRUT. So I used the AOPA Club Finder section of the AOPA website and the closest club they have listed is at KGFL, Glenn Falls NY http://www.aopa.org/CAPComm/flyingclubs/flyingclubfinder/KGFL/clubdetail/31581

Its about 30 miles and 36 minutes drive from KRUT to KGFL. Perhaps you could get involved in that club while you form a branch of it at KRUT or start an entirly new club at KRUT. Any airport of that size is likely to have pilots who would be eagar to get involved in a group of the quality that I know you and Janet can put together.

Back