Earned my ticket this afternoon, Private pilot airplane single engine land

peytont

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
peytont
I was waiting to finish up before posting for the first time. Started in August of last year. After a 2 hr checkride I'm all finished, for now. Hasn't really set in yet. Ranks right up there with the birth of my two girls and getting married! I've wanted to be a pilot since I was in 1st grade, I just turned 39.

internet-high-five.jpg

now you can get rid of that dead weight in the right seat.

Congrats. My advice.... go somewhere. I have more stories from winding up in spots I never would had have had I not got my PPL.... Like a Valentines Dance at the Elk's lodge in Burns Oregon.. :)

Yeah, way to go. I'm pretty new myself ppl.
It is still like a dream come true. For my ppl in August last year. Flew the wife to Florida from Houston in October. What RUSH
Go Somewhere!

Congrats dude, awesome achievement.

Fantastic, congrats

Well done sir! Now go make good use of the new ticket. Fly safe and welcome to the less than 1%ers who have a pilots license!

Any plans for your first trip with your new license?

Way to go so sweet and I like that hold off on posting until you get your ticket now you can go crazy posting on here!

I was waiting to finish up before posting for the first time. Started in August of last year. After a 2 hr checkride I'm all finished, for now. Hasn't really set in yet. Ranks right up there with the birth of my two girls and getting married! I've wanted to be a pilot since I was in 1st grade, I just turned 39.

very similar to me. I was around 40 when I got my PPL, and just got instrument rated this year at 43. PPL was a huge deal to me, but getting instrument rated was more challenging.

congrats, and keep learning!

Congratulations! Awesome that you held on to the dream and made it happen.

David

Congratulations Pilot
As a newbie around these parts myself (check ride last October) I know exactly how you feel right now.....Pretty damn proud I'll bet !

Congratulations! Now the fun REALLY begins! Use your ticket and go places...it's the best way to cement all you've learned and continue to the learning process.

Fly safe!

Well done sir! Now go make good use of the new ticket. Fly safe and welcome to the less than 1%ers who have a pilots license!

Any plans for your first trip with your new license?

I'll be flying to Carrizo Springs and Freer several times a year. I plan on doing the Florida Panhandle (Ft. Walton) to visit my in-laws and take the family. I'd love to fly around west texas and the Big Bend area, that is high on my list. I've got a friend in Midland I promised I would fly out and see. I've got a standing invitation to fish for Red's along the LA coast so that will be welcomed flight. Lots to do.

I'm buying into a 172 should have my name on the registration by the end of next month. I plan to build some time and then maybe move up to a 182 or perhaps a 210.
Yeah, way to go. I'm pretty new myself ppl.
It is still like a dream come true. For my ppl in August last year. Flew the wife to Florida from Houston in October. What RUSH
Go Somewhere!

I'll be making a similar trip next fall to visit the in-laws. Taylor(T74) to Destin (DTS).

Excellent. Checkride pirep and first pax pirep always appreciated.

Cessna 150L
7mph wind gusting to 27!
It was an experience. Lots of sweating on my part.

Did the usual stuff, turn around a point, s-turns, slow flight, did one stall, simulated in-flight engine fire with shutdown, VOR triangulation, flew with the foogles on, did a soft field take-off and landing, short field take-off and abbreviated short field landing (he was nervous about me flying slow on final with the strong gusting winds).

He was impressed with my stick and rudder skills. He told me my radio skills sucked and I need to find another CFI to help with the radio work.

Did you train at a busy towered airport or in the sticks?

I'll be flying to Carrizo Springs and Freer several times a year. I plan on doing the Florida Panhandle (Ft. Walton) to visit my in-laws and take the family. I'd love to fly around west texas and the Big Bend area, that is high on my list. I've got a friend in Midland I promised I would fly out and see. I've got a standing invitation to fish for Red's along the LA coast so that will be welcomed flight. Lots to do.

I'm buying into a 172 should have my name on the registration by the end of next month. I plan to build some time and then maybe move up to a 182 or perhaps a 210.

I'll be making a similar trip next fall to visit the in-laws. Taylor(T74) to Destin (DTS).

Cessna 150L
7mph wind gusting to 27!
It was an experience. Lots of sweating on my part.

Did the usual stuff, turn around a point, s-turns, slow flight, did one stall, simulated in-flight engine fire with shutdown, VOR triangulation, flew with the foogles on, did a soft field take-off and landing, short field take-off and abbreviated short field landing (he was nervous about me flying slow on final with the strong gusting winds).

He was impressed with my stick and rudder skills. He told me my radio skills sucked and I need to find another CFI to help with the radio work.

Great job!

Back