WEATHER IN THE COCKPIT

nine88

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
nine88
Hello,
My name is Ibrahim Dodoji. I am a graduate student at Florida Institute of Technology Melbourne Fl. As a requirement for my graduate program I am conducting a study on “weather information in the general aviation cockpit”. I am humbly requesting that pilots, regardless of the license they hold, to please help me and take the following survey which takes less 5 minutes to complete. I can be contacted at idodoji2008@my.fit.edu for any question or further information. The following is the link to the survey and it will be opened until 30th May 2013. Thank you very much for helping.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FZKSVHK

Completed. Most of my weather info comes from Foreflight, then 1-800-WX-BRIEF if anything looks below absolute VFR. I've never received inflight weather from anyone except from an ATIS broadcast or ATC recommending I don't attempt an approach.

The survey is a jumble. It is impossible to respond accurately. It confuses products (e.g., FA and METAR) with sources (e.g., NWS and DUATS). I started, but did not finish because of that confusion.

Honestly, these all-too-easy surveys tick me off, as the methodology is so flawed as to be utterly useless. You're a GRAD student, and if you don't understand self-selection bias, you're not ready to move on.

Even scarier that somebody might actually use one of these tripe sheets as a background reference at some time in the future.

Honestly, these all-too-easy surveys tick me off, as the methodology is so flawed as to be utterly useless. You're a GRAD student, and if you don't understand self-selection bias, you're not ready to move on.

I get weather in the cockpit sometimes when flying through moderate rain. It drips a little onto my arm. I need to improve my canopy seal.

Done, don't sweat the dicks in this thread.

Done, but Ron Levy has a point (sorry if that hurts the feelings).

The questions and organization of topics for the survey need to be better thought-through for logical relation.

Every time I read this I think we're about to discuss the F16 crash at Oshkosh.
Now there was weather IN the cockpit.

Back