Lets Agree to Disagree

If I'm at the yoke, stick or sidestick - or even running outside to see what's flying over, for that matter - I don't care if it's aluminum, carbon fiber or spruce and Irish linen. They're all great!

As for headsets: Quiet Technologies Halo. Even outdoes the Bose A20.

...and only $359

Test prep:

King Schools, Sportys, Gleim, Jeppesen, ASA, or FAA books

Safest engine-out water landing plane - low wing or high wing. I plan a post soon on this one. Seems like low wing is better. This matters to me, as I will travel frequently to Catalina Island.

Seems like low wing is better.

I'm starting a post now...

Safest engine-out water landing plane - low wing or high wing. I plan a post soon on this one. Seems like low wing is better. This matters to me, as I will travel frequently to Catalina Island.

Seems like low wing is better.

I'm starting a post now...

A Beaver on floats...:yes::D

Alas, my once favorite supermarket brand, Hebrew National hot dogs have done the unthinkable. They have changed the recipe, :eek: and I am once again, a man without a hot dog. Their slogan is "We answer to a higher power." Apparently, that higher power is the bottom line. Back to ordering Vienna beef franks online.

what did they change? I haven't had one in awhile, so I :dunno:

[*]Best Headset - David Clark, Bose, Lightspeed, Sigtronics, Telex, Sennheiser.

The one that fits your head.

[*]Composite, Cloth or Aluminum aircraft
[*]High Wing, Low Wing or Bi-plane
[*]Tricycle Gear or Tail-dragger
[*]Prop or Jet
[*]Yoke, side stick or center stick

The answer to all of these is easy: Yes.

(As long as it's airworthy, of course.)

[*]Best Trainer Aircraft - Cessna or Piper

The one that gets you done.

[*]iPad or Tablet for inflight use

An iPad is a tablet.

[*]Best Airshow

Oshkosh.

[*]Best State for aviation

Doesn't matter if ya don't touch down in 'em. ;)

Steam gauges versus Glass Cockpit

Again, does it fly? Are all the required gauges present? Then go fly and who cares what's in the panel. I've enjoyed the hell out of everything from the J-3 up to the Hawker.

Twins vs singles!

Two is better than one, of course. ;) But as long as the twin isn't doing an impersonation of a single, and the single isn't doing an impersonation of the glider, I'll fly it!

Mixture: Rich of peak, or lean of peak???

Lean of peak. What kind of idiot would want to burn more gas for no reason? :dunno:

North up / track up

Track up if you're looking out the window, North up if you're looking at the chart. ;)

One to add: AOPA/EAA/Neither

Both, but be sure to ***** about them on a regular basis anyway.

There. I solved 'em all in one post! :D

Way to stir the hornet's nest!

1. David Clark... How else would the non-flying public identify one as an Aviator? Otherwise you may be mistaken for a guy with an out-dated walkman from the 80's. If there is 'fashion' in aviation, in includes something painted in an aweful-half-rotten-lime-green tone. And yes, you can dance on my grave :) L O L

2. If it flies, I'm in.

3. Low wing... just looks better (non-objective, I know).

4. Well, if you need those things, are you an 'Aviator' or a 'geek?' GPS, I'll give you but anything that makes my compass 'trip the light fantastic' can stay at home.

5. Mission profile.

6. Mission profile and LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I DUNOTHAVE.

7. Anything with 'Cherokee' in it's name. Spiral instability and the lack of in-flight adjustable rudder trim beat anything < cessna 182 (that I have flown anyway). However, the operational cost won out in the sturdy C-150 Airframe, which is something I cannot deny. Mission profile: a close tie, preference vs. cost of ownership/operation. I have to admit it's almost impossible to break a Cessna Landing Gear and, if you have during training, you probably didn't continue to be here on this forum. (fetal position) :)

8. Oshkosh

9. Yoke preferred (completely subjective opinion) I'm not a bush pilot.

10. I'm thinking I don't need a 'state.' If I can fly there, why not? I'm guessig the best state isn't where I am though, b/c it's WAY to quiet here.

Last edited:
I'm usually the first one to argue about beer, but you won't get that from here.

I could pull the Obsidian Stout card, but it's not worth it.

Don't go obsidian dude, it's not worth it.

The view (and ride) from the front row seats is much better. We called them HH3Fs and I loved them. :yesnod:

They were the only way to get from Eielson to the Blair Lakes gunnery range in AK. They broke down constantly sometimes on the way out and sometimes on the way back. Since I did the inspection on the installation and upgrades to the TOSS there I had to make the trip more times than I care to remember. The pilots loved to verify collective response (only thing I know to call it) by rolling the collective out and trying to catch it before the wheels hit pavement. It didn't always work and we would hit the tarmac hard then do it again.

None of that instilled much confidence, maybe I would feel differently about it now that I am a pilot. :dunno:

* Touch & Go vs Stop & Go vs Full Stop
* Slip vs Crab and Kick

Back