Ugh. 2-6 more weeks to go

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
So I went to my followup appointment about my mono today, and was informed that the first doctor is an idiot, and its very rare that 1 week will heal mono, so he gave me 2 weeks of bedrest, and was very specific about saying that it will probably be longer.

Sigh.

I've learned a few things this week: If you drink nothing but orange gatorade for a week straight, everything (everything!) comes out orange. My sheets are stained slightly orange from sweat. And everything else too.

I also learned that not eating anything for a week is good for you. I look great (aside from the dark circles under my eyes), and I have lost 13 pounds since last sunday.

I learned that sleeping 22 hours a day for 3 days straight causes some interesting muscle sores. Muscles I didn't even know I have feel like they need exercise, and I don't know how to do it!

Dogs sure are irritating when you want them to leave you alone for a week straight. I gotta find a way to get up and play with him, I feel bad. He sleeps with me, but we still haven't played since I moved into my new house!

Hang in there! I am sure Piper is looking forward to your return to good health!

Oh yeah, and while I'm not suicidal at all, I can honestly say that the thought of being killed tonight, or spending even the next week in this condition bare equal preference to me right now.

I really wouldn't complain if someone broke into my house and shot/killed me tonight, as long as they accomplished their goal.

Nick, brighter days are ahead --- I have to say that the "orange sheets" is kinda strange!!!

But, with that said, try and make the best of it!

SkyHog said:
I've learned a few things this week: If you drink nothing but orange gatorade for a week straight, everything (everything!) comes out orange. My sheets are stained slightly orange from sweat. And everything else too.

!

Nick, are you bucking for kidney overload too? Any water there for you?

I'm no doctor but it sounds to me like you are drinking way too much Gatorade. I would check with your doctor on the amount of Gatorade you should be drinking.

Len

And I have hit my limit. Anyone in the chat late last night saw me freaking about intense pain in my leg and going to the ER. I didn't actually go at that time, just took a percocet and waited until morning....

I thought. Come 3AM Mountain Time, it happened again,but my percocet was not fixing the problem. I call my sister and have her drive me to the ER again. I get there, and there is not a soul in the waiting room. Awesome, finally good news?

Nope - 3 hours later, they call me in, the whole time I'm balled up on the ground, crying (literally, no need to be a man here, I was crying), they have me walk to the back, where the doctor says its a rare, but side effect of mono to have the lymph nodes in your crotch/thigh expand and push on the blood vessels, causing extreme pain (I guessed it was pushing muscle, I was wrong).

What to do? More percocet, and bedrest.

I can't do this, and more importantly, I am not a bad guy. I know that Jesus does things to test people sometimes, but what the hell, this is going a bit overboard. I have never denounced my religion before, but I'm there. My entire life (that I've made, I know I'm young and have a long ways to go) is being turned upside down.

CAN SOMETHING ****ING GOOD HAPPEN TO ME ALREADY? Jesus Christ.

WOW Nick, sorry to hear about your current state!!!

If there is any good take some comfort in knowing that you have a lot of good people here wishing you well!!

SkyHog said:
And I have hit my limit.
<SNIP>
CAN SOMETHING ****ING GOOD HAPPEN TO ME ALREADY? Jesus Christ.

Man, Nick, that's ROUGH. Hang in there, buddy... Jesus ain't testing you... just easy to blame him... blame ComCast. Their policy probably caused some OTHER poor soul to come to work with Mono, and you caught it from them. Hmmm... might be worth investigation!! If that happened, would you have any recourse against the company?

Troy Whistman said:
blame ComCast. Their policy probably caused some OTHER poor soul to come to work with Mono, and you caught it from them. Hmmm... might be worth investigation!! If that happened, would you have any recourse against the company?

Oooo! I smell a lawsuit! :yes:

Go get 'em, Nick. And I hope they gave you some good drugs last night!

My parents have kidnapped me per se, now I am living at their house until I feel better. Good news: I have cable here, and my mom will try to help me out.

Bad news: I don't want to live with my parents, but c'est la vie.

At least they are showing that they care. They know I'm in a bad situation both physically, and mentally right now. Its nice to be with the parents for a little while I suppose.

It ain't so bad Nick. Maybe you'll eat more than orange Gatorade for a while, since you don't have to prepare it yourself! :yes: That should be nice. Well, under the circumstances anyway.

Yeah and it just all tastes better when the food is made by mom!

Glad to hear that you are being looked out for!!! Keep us posted!

SkyHog said:
My parents have kidnapped me per se, now I am living at their house until I feel better. Good news: I have cable here, and my mom will try to help me out.

Bad news: I don't want to live with my parents, but c'est la vie.

At least they are showing that they care. They know I'm in a bad situation both physically, and mentally right now. Its nice to be with the parents for a little while I suppose.
Nick, when you're in bed, put some pillows under your knees. It'll help the lymph drainage.

Last edited:
Note to self - Don't get Mono.

Take care, Nick. You will get better. Hell of a way to get time off from work, though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back