Clow got positive press!

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Hey, my home airport just got some positive press!
http://thebusinessledger.com/Article...=1298&isuID=76

It starts
Tucked away in a quiet subdivision, Bolingbrook’s 75-acre Clow International Airport helps bolster the village’s economy while also establishing a sense of civic pride.

In an open field that would make any developer drool, directly across the street from the quintessential suburban setting of picture room windows and driveways that double as basketball courts, sits a runway that sees 70,000 operations a year.

It is a small airport by any standard, but the general aviation facility is home to numerous businesses.

In the mid 80's I lived in Bolingbrook for about a year and flew out of Clow. It was a nice airport with a good FBO. I remember it as a great airport community. I didn't know anyone in the area except for a few folks at work. The airport community certainly made it easier to find a few new friends. I always thought the area was great and the people in the mid west very friendly. I would have stayed in that area longer except things at work changed.

Len

Last edited:
Len Lanetti said:
In the mid 80's I lived in Bolingbrook for about a year and flew out of Clow. It was a nice airport with a good FBO. I remember it as a great airport community. I didn't know anyone in the area except for a few folks at work. The airport community certainly made it easier to find a few new friends. I always thought the area was great and the people in the mid west very friendly. I would have stayed in that area longer except things at work changed.

Len
So you probably knew Boyd Clow. Unfortunately, he went west in July. The airport has thrived in the past few years, and I've really made a lot of friends there too.

Back