If its made by you or you did it post it here..

1600vw

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
H.A.S.
This thread is for the the artist in all of us. No matter what that art is post it here.

Lets see what you can do.....

God Bless Everyone.

Sunrise.jpg

Functioning wooden pendulum clock. Gears cut myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ZYutRylMI

Edit: This is what it was supposed to look like, but that was just design 1.0. Didn't work out this way. Once I have a place to work (i live in an apartment now) I intend on finishing this project, which is already about 3 years old. People build planes in less time!
1071a.png

Last edited:
does it count if it was a team effort?

Attachments

• SJVR 3000 Departure 003.jpg
    SJVR 3000 Departure 003.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 97
Well, I made it, and I did it, but do you really want me to post it here? I always document the best of my creations :D

I made this Ericson 35 half hull because I couldn't find one to buy.

Attachments

• 2012-11-02_13-23-31_692.jpg
    2012-11-02_13-23-31_692.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Some very good posts..keep them coming...good work people...We have talent here for sure....

Different category of "art," I guess, but it's now into its third printing(in distribution on a regional basis, thus far, a sellout for me).

The Knox County edition is a work-in-progress. These images are PrtScns of my actual work pages. Numerous resellers are aligned in Knox County, based on the prototype, when the sucker is finished. Good thing I don't have kids to take to 4-H, sports practices and games, etc., or I'd not have time to do this stuff.

The Seguin Island book is about due for the 2nd printing.

HR

Attachments

• Georgetown Five Islands Cover.jpg
    Georgetown Five Islands Cover.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Georgetown Five Islands Back cover.jpg
    Georgetown Five Islands Back cover.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Knox County Back and Front Covers.jpg
    Knox County Back and Front Covers.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Seguin Back and Front Covers.jpg
    Seguin Back and Front Covers.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 20
I went through a model building kick in the early 2000s, using posterboard. The blue sedan was first, followed by a Porsche Speedster clone. I spent most of the summer of 2002 on the next, and last, one:

The quasi-C310 cargo hauler was my magnum opus.

I've gotta hear the story behind that
It's just what we do. Here's one of the order I'm working on now. These are tiny, I'd call them a "scale model" more in the spirit of this thread.

Attachments

• setting cab.jpg
    setting cab.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 52
Fictional concept aircraft I painted on PSP. The last one is a turbo prop C185 based airplane, the others are completely fictional. The quality of the paintings were ruined when I converted them to JPEG and resized for upload.

PegasusUT90A1JPEG.jpg

PegasusUT80BCPATROL1JPEG.jpg

PegasusUT80MTC-42A1-10JPEG.jpg

PegasusUT60A2JPEG.jpg

PegasusUT50AC1-10JPEG.jpg

These are some awesome posts....You folks have talent....I love this stuff and keep them coming....

I was in Ohio with a couple of friends over the weekend and we made these:

Longaberger?

You were not far from the fly-in at all!!!

Yes, I know and I thought of you all at lunchtime when my 2 friends and I were eating at the Longaberger restaurant, but we had a full schedule of events on Saturday that ended up being so worth it! One of my friends' tickets got drawn for a huge prize and she ended up with about 30 free baskets, some retired and in mint-y condition. :happydance: The weather was beautiful on Saturday and I'm happy for you there was a great turnout! :D

I did get a very nice text from Ed saying that baskets were more important, so I know he understood why I missed the get-together. :rolleyes: LOL. Looks like the next lunch is at KBMI though, which is less than 50 miles from my home base, so it would appear that I don't have an excuse. I promise I will try harder to make the next lunch. :yes: At least I can drive to this one even if the weather sucks or the plane is broken.

Just picked up model building again after about 15 years.

2009 dodge challenger

1940 ford pickup

Yes, I know and I thought of you all at lunchtime when my 2 friends and I were eating at the Longaberger restaurant, but we had a full schedule of events on Saturday that ended up being so worth it! One of my friends' tickets got drawn for a huge prize and she ended up with about 30 free baskets, some retired and in mint-y condition. :happydance: The weather was beautiful on Saturday and I'm happy for you there was a great turnout! :D

I did get a very nice text from Ed saying that baskets were more important, so I know he understood why I missed the get-together. :rolleyes: LOL. Looks like the next lunch is at KBMI though, which is less than 50 miles from my home base, so it would appear that I don't have an excuse. I promise I will try harder to make the next lunch. :yes: At least I can drive to this one even if the weather sucks or the plane is broken.

Glad you had a good time. Believe it or not I have never seen that building other than photos.

I made something earlier, but I flushed before I thought to take a photo.

LOL...sorry.

Seriously though, I have the "fix-it" gene, not the "make it" gene, I swear. Broken crap just finds its way to me. I don't even look for it anymore.

I have a list in my phone of reminders, and it's categorized by various things... the "Repair" list is by far the longest one... I might fix half that stuff on that list before I'm dead... maybe.

That is some great detail in those models. The weathering on the pickup is amazing. Show us more.

Here is the only other model I still have from long ago. It was built using a v35 bonanza kit and a t34 mentor kit. I tried to make an a36. I cut the door open and cut the cowling to show the engine. Not quite as good as the cars but this was made several years ago.

It's just what we do. Here's one of the order I'm working on now. These are tiny, I'd call them a "scale model" more in the spirit of this thread.

Probably not too many railfans reading this forum, but there's at least one.:yes::D

The rails are cool, more people like them then you would think. I have a friend whom walks the rails to this day shooting video of every train he can. I told him, you get arrested today walking the rails.
I then told him about the day I thumbed a ride on a freight train when I was about 12. They stopped right outside my home and let us off. I will never forget it. Me and two friends. The man whom told us to get on the caboose was the president of the railroad. The man in the Caboose told us this after he yelled at us for coming in his caboose.

Back