Deleted

I'm going to make the time to do this weekend. :yes:

Scott, do you have a tentative count. I know that Lynn is going and I am going. How many others are signed up at this time?

I'd love to attend. But, not enough to cancel the things that have me otherwise engaged that weekend. Drats!

I'd love to attend. But, not enough to cancel the things that have me otherwise engaged that weekend. Drats!

Bummer... I was hoping to get as many friends from PoA to sign-on for this one as possible. We could do dinner out and/or other fun stuff in the evenings after class! :yes:

Would love to attend but simply cannot commit that far out....

Done deal! :yes: It's my natural week off prior to the seminar weekend, so I'm planning on heading over to my favorite of all places in Ohio and making a week-long combination vacation out of it. :D

Lynn, one idea that I discussed with Scott while in KC was to have my equity club purchase the first 15 seats (aka put the money up for the guarantee). That makes for Scott's "magic number" to make the event happen. And then the club get's busy selling the seats to our members and local pilots. Scott can also sell them on his site.

It seems to be that once Scott says, "Magic number achieved, event gonna happen", more folks start signing up because it's a sure thing versus vapor ware.

@Scott; send me some calendar dates for a DFW Event (we'll have it at KDTO where I likely can get the meeting room for free). The equity club I'm with is showing some interest.

Done deal! :yes: It's my natural week off prior to the seminar weekend, so I'm planning on heading over to my favorite of all places in Ohio and making a week-long combination vacation out of it. :D

So where all you planning on going? The USAF Museum is a great place to spend a day and you can spend a good hour or two in the museum at Urbana, plus the dinner there has killer home made pies.

Let's book it! If you can purchase the first 15, then we can do Saturday, Oct 19th - Sunday Oct 20th. If that weekend doesn't work out for your schedule Mike, we can do the prior weekend. Just let me know. Send me an e-mail and we can work out all of the details.
October 10 - 12 is AOPA Summit in Fort Worth. We're planning to come down for that. If you event was Sunday & Monday, October 13 & 14, we could do both. Or we could just skip the Saturday activities at Summit.

October 10 - 12 is AOPA Summit in Fort Worth. We're planning to come down for that. If you event was Sunday & Monday, October 13 & 14, we could do both. Or we could just skip the Saturday activities at Summit.

Combining with the Summit would be interesting.

Scott: I'll talk to the club to and take their temperature on this. Then get with you via email.

I don't want to compete with the AOPA Summit. There will be issues getting hotel rooms for the weekend, extra traffic at local airports, ramp space issues, etc. So, we can certainly plan for the following weekend (Oct 19-20).
I don't think you would be competing with Summit, as much as piggybacking onto it. Many of the attendees who would be interested in Summit would also be interested in your course. So many would already have ramp space and hotel rooms. We can look at Cinci, though.

I don't think you would be competing with Summit, as much as piggybacking onto it. Many of the attendees who would be interested in Summit would also be interested in your course. So many would already have ramp space and hotel rooms. We can look at Cinci, though.

If Scott's event is at KDTO, they just completed a project that more than tripled the space for transient aircraft. If you look at the Google Maps picture (http://goo.gl/maps/H4mxU) the grass area between the terminal/tower and the large hangars to the north, and east to Masch Branch Road is now brand new parking ramp. More than enough room for a Beyond the Wx Brief event.

And there are plenty of hotel properties in town that likely won't be touched by the AOPA event.

For now, when I talk with my club, I'll just say "October".

I got my plane and class booked. Aiming for the Holiday Inn but haven't reserved that yet. Looking forward to some good dinner chats. My much more entertaining wife will be along too but won't be in school with me. Let me know if any other +1s are looking for a shopping buddy, and might want to share some car rides.

It's local for me Dana. I should be able to provide transportation for a couple people if needed.

Time is running out. There are a few more seats remaining for the Cincinnati Beyond The Wx Brief workshop beginning on September 28th. Join a few of your PoA friends at the workshop and register now to reserve your seat.

Wish I could. I need to investigate that subscription on your website. Have fun in Cinci!

Wish I could. I need to investigate that subscription on your website. Have fun in Cinci!

FYI; the discount Scott offers for the live event more than pays for an annual subscription to his site.

Man, this is the second time that Scott has come to my home town, and the second time that I've been unable to attend.

Y'all have fun!

Leaving in about 2 hours. 1 hour to get to the airport and pre-flight. Estimated 3 hours in the air. Different time zone means we will be there, um, later..... See you all soon!

Scott, I am the same hotel. Is there a shuttle? If so, what time does it leave tomorrow AM?

Back