Register now for Beyond The Wx Brief in KC

I was so excited to see this in the Midwest finally... until I saw the date. This is the weekend before Sun 'n Fun and I'm headed to Florida that weekend! Please, please, please someone I know go to this so I can get the notes and take lots of video too, if Scott will let you! As my winter photo below shows, I need to learn to read Skew-T diagrams better. This is the 2nd seminar of these I couldn't get to and really want to! :mad2: :mad: :(

Last edited:
The following weekend, I'm booked. I have an annual commitment in Denver. So I'm good with the date (and planning on attending). If any DFW folk are considering going, let's talk about pooling travel resources.

I too saw the date and thought of SnF. Not going to Florida, but I know many folks do the weekend prior. Including the Cardinal Flyer's gang.

Lynn, Scott's online items of the Skew-T are very good, so check that out.

A hint for those who are not already Elite members of AvWxWorkshops.com:

Discounts: Elite members of AvWxWorkshops.com receive a 20% discount for a savings of $65.

New Elite members pay $79.00 to subscribe to ScottD's online system @ www.AvWxWorkshops.com. So this discount of $65 to the "Beyond..." workshop will just about pay for your subscription!

Scott....

do you have any deals going for local hotels? Or is it sleeping bags, iron cots, and a galvanized bucket in the hangar?

I'm going to try to see if this will fit into my schedule since you're coming that far West, Scott.

It's on my calendar and I'll try to sign up in the next couple of weeks if it looks like its going to work, Scott.

Right now Karen is busy that weekend and I'm not on-call I don't think, so it should work out.

Sadly, we're still thinking about getting another dog but that would make it a no-go weekend for me with Karen out of pocket.

Our usual doggie contacts had somewhat collapsed for dog-sitters a pond what-not as Ebby hit her last year or so where we weren't comfortable having anyone else watch her before she passed away last year. Travel plus big dogs doesn't work so well... So maybe it's a sign... Still can't really do a pup just yet.

Got my spot reserved.

Anyone else from this forum attending?

My reminder to do this popped up today. Been dealing with my dad's passing, but will make a decision soon.

Is it sad, If I am not sure about the 25 minute drive?

:)

Need a limo to come pick you up? or a charter flight? :D

David

Suppose I could fly in from IXD, if the weather isn't that bad.. Of course, I am not that good with weather :dunno::dunno:

I'm flying into KMCI via AA for this event, arriving at 8:55pm Friday.

If anyone else is arriving at MCI about that time frame and wants to split car rental, let me know.

Outbound leaves Sunday @ 5:10pm and I'm willing to rideshare from the workshop venue back to MCI.

Wait a minute, you guys are actually flying in commercial?

If you get near IXD or OJC, you should let more of us know....

Scott, on the off chance one or more seats open up for this, I would be interested in knowing. Short notice might work.

Saw that you added PHX in November. I'll be doing that one, Scott, barring any schedule disasters.

Event happening now. Good turnout of 25-30 folks.

Good information so far. About to dig into the Skew-T.

Facility is the Airline History Museum. And we're doing the seminar under the rear fuselage of a TWA Connie.

Wow. Jealous. I'm going to make the time to go to the next class at Sporty's. I don't want to let another Midwest opportunity to take this class get away. :no:

Back