Update 4-5

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
I skipped this update last week for two reasons;

first, I was still on hiatus from chemo, so there was nothing to report. I was nearly over the effects of the radiation and slowly beginning to gain strength. I have even gained back a couple of pounds. However, I started round two of the chemo yesterday. This round is about 15% stronger than round one and today, my tummy is a little unstable. we will have to see where this goes.

Second, the particapation for last update was what I was expecting when I started these writings, No response on the BAC board and only two on the POA board. Gary responded on the POA board and even tried to call me. I missed his call and then his MIL died, so I haven't tried to casll him back yet. Dan Kirby has called me once a week for the last 3 weeks and I really appreciate that. The bottom line is when you offer support, keep it up as long as it is needed, even if it is no more than a "Keep fighting, Bo" on these updates.

On the airplane front, The young couple interested in the Mouse will start the pre-buy at Aeromark next Wednesday, so that is moving along.

I don't know you and am brand new to the POA community. But have dealt with the big C a lot in my family. Anyway, hang in there.....someone you don't know just said a prayer for you.

Thanks for the update Bo. I didn't see your last one. Not sure if its just a hopeful wish but I always thought if the chemo was kicking your ass it was kicking the cancers as well. So keep on kicking!

I hope the fact that a young couple may enjoy flying the mouse will give you some joy that it will continue to bring joy to yet another couple. Kind of like paying it forward.

Thinking of you!

Thinking of you Bo. I always thought that the writing here were more for therapy for yourself. :) I'm glad you're healing and fighting it. I honestly can't say I know if I would/could!

I skipped this update last week for two reasons;

first, I was still on hiatus from chemo, so there was nothing to report. I was nearly over the effects of the radiation and slowly beginning to gain strength. I have even gained back a couple of pounds. However, I started round two of the chemo yesterday. This round is about 15% stronger than round one and today, my tummy is a little unstable. we will have to see where this goes.

Second, the particapation for last update was what I was expecting when I started these writings, No response on the BAC board and only two on the POA board. Gary responded on the POA board and even tried to call me. I missed his call and then his MIL died, so I haven't tried to casll him back yet. Dan Kirby has called me once a week for the last 3 weeks and I really appreciate that. The bottom line is when you offer support, keep it up as long as it is needed, even if it is no more than a "Keep fighting, Bo" on these updates.

On the airplane front, The young couple interested in the Mouse will start the pre-buy at Aeromark next Wednesday, so that is moving along.

Been wondering what was up. Good to hear from you.

Well, Bo, you are showing good fight, here.

Query: after you finish the next round, have time to recover from infect chemo effects, will you be up to flying at all? You'll need fattening-up (not like you've ever been that big!), might you be up for Hard 8?

If not up to flying, a milk shake at Norma's?

Adam,
That is our intent, to get the Mouse into the hands of a couple that will use it for the purpose it was built for; Flying. We got every penny of our investment back in pure enjoyment, and didn't wish to see it sit and rot while we tried to get me a new medical. Time to get it back in the air and going places.
Spike.
This is round 2, 15% stronger dose for 3 consecutive weeks. 3 weeks off and round 3 and repeat for round 4. Each successive round will be a different cocktail. After that comes a complete evaluation and decisions on what's next. How quickly I recover between rounds remains to be seen and what comes after round 4 is currently unknown. But the entire intent of this agressive therapy is to get me back on my feet with a good survival chance, so I'll make the best of it.
Would love to get in an airplane, anybodys airplane as soon as possible. So stay in touch.

Bo, my wife and I have included you in our prayers every day since you first posted your diagnosis. She asks for the update every Friday. Your body will recover from the chemo.
Keep fighting.
Eric

Bo,

You're always in our thoughts, everyday my friend. I do hope you keep posting on your progress. Keeping us updated allows Mary and I to keep in touch in addition to bugging you on the phone. Please give Sandra a hug and let her know we are always here for her too, at least just a phone call away. We'll catch up by phone this weekend. Glad to hear you put on some lbs. !

Good to hear Lima Bravo has found a home. I hope the prebuy is completed and the new couple gets many years of "magic carpet" rides as you and Sandra had.

I hope the fact that a young couple may enjoy flying the mouse will give you some joy that it will continue to bring joy to yet another couple. Kind of like paying it forward.

I like that Adam, paying it forward. Good way to look at it. As they used to tell us in the corvette club, we were just caretakers and the goal was to share the passion and pass the car on to the next buyer in as good or better shape than when we bought it.

As Bo mentioned, Mary and I have been broadsided with her Moms passing, it was sudden in a sense that we knew about the heart disease but didn't think she would not make it through surgery for additional stents. Mary and her Mom were best friends, they shared a grocery shopping addiction (my attempt at humor) and were on the phone everyday if they didn't see each other. Mom actually was here for three weeks as she felt under the wx. Now is the hard part, taking care of property and that sort of stuff. Hard in the sense that Mary has to deal with walking through all those memories and selling her moms condo. I can only offer support but wish I could take on her burden of sadness to lighten her load.

I hope that this round goes well for you. It says a lot to me about the quality of POA if it, in some small way, makes your treatment a little easier. Good luck and sending you positive thoughts during this next round!

Last edited:
Gary, sorry about your MIL. Got along great with mine and still miss her. Just remember, there are worse things than death. I get to move my mother to an Alzheimer's facility tomorrow. You don't want to know the reasons why.

Bo, keep your head up, that'll be the hardest part of this ordeal. There are things far more important than flying. I know what you mean about the weight, I always go anorexic when I get sick. Think about it this way, you finally get to eat yummy high caloric foods with no bad side. Enjoy.

Back