Sun n' Fun 2013

With no military aircraft in attendance, this will probably impact the show even more.

I personally go there to see the vendors and all their latest gadgets, the static aircraft displays and to attend the different forums, the airshow is just a side attraction for me if there's time.
But I'm sure there are those that go strictly for the military airshow.:dunno:

SNF is just a few weeks away! Here's the current details:

I am changing the meeting location to meet in front of the gift shop, next door to the AOPA yellow tent. It will be easier to find everyone.

Friday meet up, 12 noon

Here is the current list:

Re: Sun n' Fun 2013
SCREEN NAME.......NAME..........Dates attending..........other..............

CTarrow................ Andy ...........Thursday & Friday ........Will Have car
KeyWestPhotog...... Joe .............I'm good for any........... will need car/lodging
flygirl34q................Lynn.............most of the week..........Commuting from KZPH
Tony Scarpelli.........same............first or 2nd weekend......flying in
CMTowner..............Chris............all week long.................Will have car/lodging
dogdaddy...............Brian............any day.......................have car; live nearby
alfadog..................John.............undecide d/camping.......with son
Alland....................Allan............Thursda y - Friday..........commuting from KGIF
FLav8r...................David............Friday/Saturday............Driving from KFHB
Lance F..................Lance...........Friday/Saturday ............flying in from KCVC
The boys.................joe..............all week......................live nearby
Henning.................Henning........?????...........................,likely have sm.P/U

CTarrow................ Andy ...........Thursday & Friday ........Will Have car
KeyWestPhotog...... Joe .............I'm good for any........... will need car/lodging
flygirl34q................Lynn.............most of the week..........Commuting from KZPH
Tony Scarpelli.........same............first or 2nd weekend......flying in
CMTowner..............Chris............all week long.................Will have car/lodging
dogdaddy...............Brian............any day.......................have car; live nearby
alfadog..................John.............undecide d/camping.......with son
Alland....................Allan............Thursda y - Friday..........commuting from KGIF
FLav8r...................David............Friday/Saturday............Driving from KFHB
Lance F..................Lance...........Friday/Saturday ............flying in from KCVC
The boys.................joe..............all week......................live nearby
Henning.................Henning........?????...... .....................,likely have sm.P/U
Capg2000 CaptGary Thurs - Sun VAC Camping :)

Everyone have their parking signs and have a copy of the NOTAM?? It's getting close to show time! :D

No idea, probably stay one night at my folks in St Pete and at least one more at a friend's in Apopka.

Come on... Where's the spirit of freedom? I am looking forward to meeting all of our people who love for a few hrs. Of time, looking down on the rest of the land locked... :) :) :)

One way or another, I'm going! I'm staying at the Silver Wings Clubhouse but I need a way to get there. I just landed in Ft. Lauderdale a couple days ago...anybody have an extra seat who is heading there from Laudy?

Check out the "share a flight" board on the sun n fun website, under "flight announcements". Someone is flying a DA-40 from FXE.

I'll be wearing a white tee shirt, w/ a Red and Black backpack on. Easy to spot! and as the POA crowd expands, you won't miss us. Look forward to meeting everyone and safe travels to SNF!

Andy

Last edited:
I might make it down for Friday. I've been out of the office all week so digging my desk out might take precedence.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't make the Friday meet-up mentioned above, but tomorrow (and Wednesday) I'll be with Bockwoman3 and have on last year's pink and black/ brown Sun 'n Fun t-shirt and black shorts (Tuesday) with a Vera Bradley pink patterned camera bag (both days). Flying in with my Archer. Planning on lunch at the Sunset Grill around noon. Safe flights to all and enjoy the show all who are going! :D

Last edited:
I can't make the Friday meet-up mentioned above, but tomorrow (and Wednesday) I'll be with Bockwoman3 and have on last year's pink and black/ brown Sun 'n Fun t-shirt and black shorts (Tuesday) with a Vera Bradley pink patterned camera bag (both days). Flying in with my Archer. Planning on lunch at the Sunset Grill around noon. Safe flights to all and enjoy the show all who are going! :D

Like anyone with a penis knows what the **** that is.

Like anyone with a penis knows what the **** that is.

Yes, but most folks with various and sundry appendages know that Google is their Friend.

$(KGrHqZHJEME+c5tVfZdBP4(KpSBbg~~60_57.JPG

:) The days of considering genitalia as any excuse for ignorance are no more. It is a paradigm shift. :yes:

Giving birth excluded, of course. :lol:

I noticed up there you mentioned you were camping with your son. When are you planning on getting in?? Expecting Runway 9 tomorrow to be the active. :yes:

I noticed up there you mentioned you were camping with your son. When are you planning on getting in?? Expecting Runway 9 tomorrow to be the active. :yes:

Unfortunately my finances are going to be a barrier this year. I would have made the effort if my son had really wanted to go but he is not really into it. I have not totally given up but it does not look promising.

Well, for a day or two I thought I'd make it for Friday but work intervened. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

John

I will be there one yet to be determined day. Once I figure it out, I will see if I can meet up with somebody.

Im still on for Thurs. arrival. Still using the tent...:) Bringing some rain gear... That way it will not rain.
See who I see, on Friday, Mid Day! Safe ride to all. Enjoy every minute!
Be There!

I expect to be there Thursday through Sunday. Flying down in the RV, parking in the HB area at the flightline, and camping near the pond.

There is a convective front headed this way. It is supposed to arrive here (Atlanta) on Thursday. I hope it arrives later in the day as opposed to early. If it beats me to the airport on Thursday morning, it is a no-go for me...

I'll be there, flying in tomorrow. I'm currently staying with my uncle in Daytona, but may grab a hotel room for a night or two depending on what's going on.

SCREEN NAME.........NAME............Dates attending..........other..............
CTarrow............ Andy ...........Thursday & Friday .......Will Have car
KeyWestPhotog...... Joe ............I'm good for any.........will need car/lodging
flygirl34q..........Lynn............most of the week.........Commuting from KZPH
Tony Scarpelli......same............first or 2nd weekend.....flying in
CMTowner............Chris...........all week long............Will have car/lodging
dogdaddy............Brian...........any day..................have car; live nearby
alfadog.............John............undecided/camping........with son
Alland..............Allan...........Thursday - Friday........commuting from KGIF
FLav8r..............David...........Friday/Saturday..........Driving from KFHB
Lance F.............Lance...........Friday/Saturday .........flying in from KCVC
The boys............joe.............all week.................live nearby
Henning.............Henning.........?????...................likely have sm.P/U
flyingcheesehead....Kent............Tuesday-Saturday.........Commuting from KDAB and/or staying nearby

Lunch at noon, Kent?? Sunset Grill? Sharon and I will be there!

Anybody making a day trip from South Florida? I know Capt. Gary is flying out of KFXE but he is camping, I see.

I'll be driving down on Friday morning from Jacksonville, Florida. Dang, this will be a long drive.

Here is the updated list.

SCREEN NAME.........NAME............Dates attending..........other..............

KeyWestPhotog...... Joe ............I'm good for any.........will need car/lodging
flygirl34q..........Lynn............most of the week.........Commuting from KZPH
CMTowner............Chris...........all week long............Will have car/lodging
dogdaddy............Brian...........any day..................have car; live nearby
Alland..............Allan...........Thursday - Friday........commuting from KGIF
FLav8r..............David...........Friday/Saturday..........Driving from KFHB
Lance F.............Lance...........Friday/Saturday .........flying in from KCVC
Henning.............Henning.........?????......... ..........likely have sm.P/U
flyingcheesehead....Kent............Tuesday-Saturday.........Commuting from KDAB and/or staying nearby
gadgetman...........Darren..........Friday ..................Commuting from KCRG

I'm tied up right now doing something that most likely will inspire laughter on this forum, so how about tomorrow?? Wednesday! Would like the company!

:needpics:

Oh do tell...............

FLav8r..............David...........Thursday/Saturday........Flying from KHEG
Henning.............Henning.........?????......... ..........likely have sm.P/U
flyingcheesehead....Kent............Tuesday-Saturday.........Commute from DAB or staying nearby
gadgetman...........Darren..........Friday ..................Commuting from KCRG
Modified mine to show that I'll be flying in Thursday morning in a flight of three and then driving back down on Saturday.

I am hoping to get a seat on the bus from my A&P school to SnF on Sat. The bus is full but it is leaving at 5 AM so it is possible that there will be no-shows (knock on wood). I am just going to show up and if there is a seat, I can get on.

Are y'all meeting up on Sat?

Back