Draft book cover

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
What do you guys think? Keep in mind we are going to clean up the airplane a tad yet. I don't like the "washout" of the wing.

ModifiedFlightPlanOtherPlane_zpsa5e0ff68.jpg

Looks great, but your wings on the wrong side!!! Someone was going to say it thought it might as well be me.

Be sure to let us know when the book is out.

Looks great, but your wings on the wrong side!!! Someone was going to say it thought it might as well be me.

Be sure to let us know when the book is out.

Ha, ya that old argument. Never really matter which until...

Making progress and will do!

I am already experiencing the fun of getting into and out of the low wing. In my case it is simply an age thing and the knees being cut on a couple times. Nothing even remotely like what you have been through. Given similar circumstances I doubt my ability or determination to keep keeping on as you have done. Looking forward to the book.

One suggestion was put the airplane in there flying away like this:

DSC02955_zpsb99d03e8.jpg

But we just haven't gotten a satifactory pic yet with the plane flying away from the camera

Put this picture on the back.

Great idea and thank for the suggestion. I'm not sure if have even really thought of the back yet but if the front stayed the same, then this would go well on the back.

I would position the photographer off to the side of the runway if you want to capture the takeoff from behind. That would offset the symmetry and make for a more interesting shot.

-Rich

I would position the photographer off to the side of the runway if you want to capture the takeoff from behind. That would offset the symmetry and make for a more interesting shot.

-Rich

I realize that we could both sit and nit pick it all day long, but there comes a point when we just gotta use what we have.

But I do agree Rich.

Last edited:
I agree with Rich. Having the plane centered just seems wrong to my untutored eye. I like the departing plane better. It tells a better story. Departing with the wheelchair left behind is better than coming in for a landing on it. I also like that the attitude of the plane in the second one is less flat even though it looks like it is headed for a departure stall.

I'm not going to be able to change the position of the "camera shot" this is all stock images, except the airplane.

Got the manuscript back from the editor today. We are scanning some old photos of when I was in grade school and still need to decide on the other pictures we will be including.

Lisa and I met with the Marketing Maganger of the Rehab Hospital I was at they want to throw their own book release party & signing at the hospital. They are also going to commit to buying X# of books for the gift shop.

My publisher set up the cover for my book, and rejected my own idea. Just got my advanced copies.

Back