Condolences to MikeA

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Our condolences to Mike.

Mike's mother passed last Tuesday, and her funeral will be held this morning.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ch...px?n=agnes-c-andrews&pid=163969164&fhid=16216

She invented several phrases in the telephone room at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
Wally Phillips mentioned how nice "Wish you were here. Thank you for calling the Hyatt Regency Chicago" was.
She also came up with "One moment while I connect you..." and believe it or not, "Have a Nice Day."

One day at Illinois Bell she placed a call for Bill Veeck. "Is that Veeck as in wreck?" (the title of his autobiography). He said, "Bless you, dear."

Mike is, for those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting him personally, one of the nicest and most caring people there is. You have to know that does not happen by accident, so in marking his mother's passing, we note not only the loss of a friend's mom, but also of a friend we never got to meet.

Please know, Mike, we're with you in spirit, and offer condolences at your loss.

End of life issues are tough. Losing parents is tough. Sorry you have to deal with it. Sounds like she was quite s lady, ahead of her time.

Last edited:
Mike is, for those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting him personally, one of the nicest and most caring people there is. You have to know that does not happen by accident, so in marking his mother's passing, we note not only the loss of a friend's mom, but also of a friend we never got to meet.

Please know, Mike, we're with you in spirit, and offer condolences at your loss.

Well said, Spike!

Sorry to hear about your Mom Mike. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family.

Mike, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. It is hard losing a parent. My sincerest condolences.

I'm sorry to read this. Your mother is certainly in my prayers.

I don't know you Mike but evidentally I've been at the wrong places. From one pilot to another sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the feelings losing a parent. Hopefully I have another 20 years with mine!

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences.

Sorry to hear this, Mike. Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman. I hope you're able to find comfort in your many fine memories.

Back