Great Lakes/Midwest March Lunch

I'll still be there. With a red jacket and purple "pilot" shirt :) Sorry the weather isn't cooperating for those of you. See you there Capt Thorpe I hope.

Yep, I'm out too. The FA for Ohio is even worse this morning:

OH LE
NRN OH-LE...OVC010-020 LYRD FL220. VIS 3-5SM BR. WDLY SCT -SHSN.
BECMG 1719 OVC010-015 TOPS 080. OCNL VIS 3-5SM BR. ISOL -SHSN.

The latest skew-Ts for KVLL and KTDZ are below... pure ice. (SkewT for KPCW isn't available.)

I might be there tomorrow if things improve, just to try the place out.

Attachments

• skewt.1389.gif
    skewt.1389.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 10
  • skewt.5023.gif
    skewt.5023.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm out for today.
Maybe tomorrow if it looks nice ... will likely still bring mom.

I'll still be there. With a red jacket and purple "pilot" shirt :) Sorry the weather isn't cooperating for those of you. See you there Capt Thorpe I hope.
Yup.

Grey hair geezer with navy blue coat with fur trim around the hood and orange liner.

The latest skew-Ts for KVLL and KTDZ are below... pure ice. (SkewT for KPCW isn't available.)
In fact, the CIP is showing the potential for SLD over the Cleveland area now... and there are lots of pireps for light and moderate ice all over the area. :eek:

The weather looks decent tomorrow, anyone still plan on popping in? It's a pretty short flight for me

Was a nice place. Diner was good. 1/2lb hamburger and fries for $9. $5 admission to the museum and "hangar" where Georgies Girl is displayed and an area where they are building another replica of one. Was worth the hour drive. Met up with "Capt Thorpe" and his daughter. There wouldn't be much room for a group of us at a table, we theorized that we would've been along the counter. Hope those that go, report back. I'll post a few pictures.

Thanks for the report! I'm tentatively planning to be there tomorrow, 1pm, assuming the forecast for nice weather holds out. :)

I'll be in the Cardinal that everyone recognizes but can't quite figure out where from.

That is, if this comes off... the latest forecasts hint that the MVFR conditions may stick around into afternoon. The lakes make their own weather, always...

Leslie has a ninety-nines meeting tomorrow tomorrow (today), so we won't be there.

Drats, Grant. When I saw you were the last poster in the thread, I was hopeful ... :(

Michael - looking forward to seeing you and meeting the mysterious Mr. Lenny B (?)

Weather is good here but not good enroute, snow in the southern tier, cloudy in Cleveland, not going.

Let's all be careful. PCW AWOS is reporting FEW020 BKN036 already. That could easily become OVC020 in the next few hours (MFD is already OVC017). FF has their reports, most other sources don't, however by phone is best, 419.734.9955.

I probably won't make a final decision until I'm ready to go wheels up around noon. So I might be there, and I might not.

Well lets not be do discouraged, this place seems like a great spot for meets, lets just keep planning them :)

I am going flying later, maybe head out over the lake and take some pics and video of the ice.

Well my going up for some fun failed, got 4 miles from home and ran into a wall of snow. My Forester is blizzard rated, the Cherokee isn't.

Well my going up for some fun failed, got 4 miles from home and ran into a wall of snow. My Forester is blizzard rated, the Cherokee isn't.
Sorry to hear! Yes the lakes have a mind of their own as far as weather goes. There was only a thin layer of clouds on the west side of the lake. JoeSelch, her mom, and I enjoyed lunch at the Tin Goose, which as Saracelica said is quite nice, if a bit smallish (though it does have two dining areas).

We didn't stay to tour the museum though. The clouds started to thicken and lower some around 2pm so we headed back, me over the lake, they around. (Even so, they almost beat me back in her RV.)

Twas a nice day (for us) to fly. And, it's looking like we may have to wait til next weekend for another.

I thought my food was exceptionally good - just an omelet, but still. Filling seemed to be of really high quality. Looking forward to sampling the rest of the menu.
Museum has a nice little shop adjacent.

Parking ... Maybe 5 spots by the diner / museum (it's tight, but not a problem for my little plane since I swung it around and backed it in by hand). Several spots in an open area across the runway from the diner - a bit of a walk. More spots, presumably, by the FBO/main buildings - a longer walk.

So just what is the parking like there?
Parking is tight on the ramp in front of the museum/diner. Only room for about 5 planes. There's a LOT of room on the grass though, or you can park on the other side of 18/36 and walk over.

If you don't bring a whole crew, a nice guy from the fbo might golf cart you over :)

Fyi, walk on the sidewalk outside the fence. If you walk on the grass on airport grounds, management gets grumpy.

Back