Pilots in North Carolina

willflyfourfood

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Michael V
Are there any pilots in North Carolina who are looking to build time that might want to split the cost of a C152 or C172?

Don't care too much about building time but if you're going by the Raleigh area on the way to somewhere east... :)

Well I don't have my own aircraft, so I would have to rent but I need someone who can split the cost. Looking to do a lof of flying this summer for fun as well as flying for my CFI (even though there is not much flying during training). I might take you up on that Mark

Michael, my completely selfish interest is that I just moved here in December so it would also be a way for me to get more familiar with the area. BTW, I'm flying out of Sanford with Wings of Carolina.

I just moved here as well in December. My whole family is from Winston and I usually go to Emerald Isle to the beach every year multiple times. I know the area, haven't flown in it much so I am just as curious as you. I will check out Wings of Carolina.

I'm a wings of carolina member too. The current rate is maybe $72/hr for a 152. PA-28's are $105

If you are interested in timebuilding send me a PM with your e-mail. I have a friend who owns a 152. He's building time as well.

I might consider making the drive out there to do some flying on my days off. I just sent you a PM, thank you!

I'm in Charlotte and need to build 35 hours of XC. What airport are you flying out of? I'd be willing to drive up that way

Last edited:
I am flying out of KINT, Smith-Reynolds. But I may be changing locations to find a cheaper aircraft. I think I have one in mind, just need to double check on the price. Send me a PM.

Holy crap. I wish I had done my training in NC when I lived there. Wings of Carolina is cheap! Y'all look like a good bunch to fly with, too.

Yeah, another Wings member here. I think it's a great club.

In addition to being very supportive of students, very strong in safety and a great selection of planes, the club also has a really good social aspect with safety meetings, monthly cookouts and quarterly trips (they're talking Bahamas in the near future!). It's also an ownership club - we own the airplanes - which allows us to do owner maintenance like oil changes. For tougher jobs, we do have an A&P member (or two now?)

For those near NC, come out to KTTA in Sanford about 11am on the 2nd Saturday of any month for our monthly cookout. It's $5 and you get to (have to?) hang out with a bunch of pilots for an afternoon. Whether you're interested in the club or just want a destination for a Saturday flight, we always love having visitors.

Last edited:
Shoot. I just moved away from Winston Salem a few days ago! What brings you to the Triad?

I will have to come out! Won't be flying out, but will be driving out. I am not a member but I want to be one. Is there anyone out there on the weekends just hanging around? Might start driving out on Saturdays and maybe fly! (I haven't flown since 1/12) =/

I came to Winston because my whole family is from here. My parents and I lived in Maryland where I did all my flight training and I flew for a 135 company. I moved here because I wasn't flying enough and wasn't making enough money. I have a job now out of GSO fueling the airlines. Its not flying, but it is money and a job. I wish I had time to fly more often, but it is becoming a chore.

I will have to come out! Won't be flying out, but will be driving out. I am not a member but I want to be one. Is there anyone out there on the weekends just hanging around? Might start driving out on Saturdays and maybe fly! (I haven't flown since 1/12) =/

I came to Winston because my whole family is from here. My parents and I lived in Maryland where I did all my flight training and I flew for a 135 company. I moved here because I wasn't flying enough and wasn't making enough money. I have a job now out of GSO fueling the airlines. Its not flying, but it is money and a job. I wish I had time to fly more often, but it is becoming a chore.
If you're talking about Wings of Carolina, if you are not going to wait until one of the cookouts, you're better off calling and making arrangements ahead of time. One reason is, while there will usually be people around on a nice day, they will usually be busy. Another is that that part of the ramp is gated. While you can park at the main FBO and walk over, it makes more sense to drive right up to the facility. I'd offer but as a very new member myself, I'm not sure I'm the most qualified to show you around and answer questions.

You will also want to head to the website - http://wingsofcarolina.org/. There's a bunch of information there from applications to member handbooks. The hourly rates are good for this area but as a member-owned club there are some other expenses - monthly dues and a deposit based on what you want to fly being the primary ones.

Back