Just a good day to fly

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
After Gary went to check to see that his batter still held a charge and melted 6 inches of ice off his wings he gave me a call and said Lets go flying so we met at wings and flew up to 1N7 Blairstown. Had a good lunch talked flying and even saw a Pawnee towing gliders through the snow covered parallel grass runway also got to see a great looking C185 on floats. Dang its great to fly.

Note. Fourth Photo is the Delaware Water Gap and last is Gary's departure.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • photo (12).JPG
    photo (12).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    565.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Here is a short video of the Pawnee pulling what looks to me like a Cherokee glider like Tony's

Attachments

• IMG_0027.MOV
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
You got the nice weather we had yesterday. And yes, indeed, it was good weather for flying.

I am hearing about all the terrible weather in the east. I am glad you got a break. I will be in Bethlehem from the 19th to the 26th and then back over to Kennet Square for a couple of days after that. I was pretty busy on the last trip, but I might have a day or so on this one to play.

Weather was excellent! By all means, if you get some time, put up a post!

Gary

I am hearing about all the terrible weather in the east. I am glad you got a break. I will be in Bethlehem from the 19th to the 26th and then back over to Kennet Square for a couple of days after that. I was pretty busy on the last trip, but I might have a day or so on this one to play.

Weather was excellent! By all means, if you get some time, put up a post!

Gary

Thanks Gary. I will probably have some time in Bethlehem on Sunday the 24th and maybe some time in Kennet Square on the 26th.

I also had a great flight to Cape may for lunch. Haven't had a flight this smooth in a long time. Lobster house wasn't too bad either!

It was a nice day to try out the new 172s they just got on leaseback at ptw.

Attachments

• IMG_5222.JPG
    IMG_5222.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5162.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5225.JPG
    IMG_5225.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Sunday I bagged trying to get current and decided to go have fun. ILG-CGE, Cambridge for breakfast at Kay's. Good eats, a very busy ramp and a perfect Wx day made for a fun flight!

Finally Some Flight Time

Last edited:
This thread is killing me because I desperately wanted to fly on Sunday up here on Long Island. It was a perfect day but alas, the 30 inches of snow made getting to the hanger impossible. Happy for you guys who go out to enjoy it- wish I was one.

Also, great pictures!

Thanks Gary. I will probably have some time in Bethlehem on Sunday the 24th and maybe some time in Kennet Square on the 26th.

OK! Bethlehem is a short hop over the ridge to Quakertown - where I'm based.

Kennett isn't that far from where I work (Exton). Would be nice to see if something can be set up.

Sunday I bagged trying to get current and decided to go have fun. ILG-CGE, Cambridge for breakfast at Kay's. Good eats, a very busy ramp and a perfect Wx day made for a fun flight!

Finally Some Flight Time

Couldn't of made breakfast, the plane was an icicle. Didn't get thawed out until noon or so - but then again I didn't start till 10AM, getting lazy in my old age! Kay's is a good place, haven't been there in quite a while.

Last edited:
It was absolutely perfect in the Mid-Atlantic area. Light winds, CAVU. Here are a couple of pictures. The first is looking out of the pilot's window at the Atlantic Ocean and the second taken a few seconds later out the right side looking at Chesapeake Bay.

bunege8y.jpg

2ybagu5a.jpg

Finally got the Cherokee out of the hangar after the longest hiatus of my aviation "career". Went over to my local lunch spot. Never saw so many aircraft, even a few experimentals, which are somewhat rare in these parts.

Sorry, no pictures or video or anything. I did have good pie though.

Steingar - glad to know you're back! Hope to see you at one of the lunch fly-ins. :)

Love to come, though I have to admit the outskirts of Chicago are a little far for me.

Beautiful flying WX here in Maine yesterday. I was going to get me some $100.00 pancakes but even at 10:00 am most of the airports were closed due to snow removal. :(

Gawd...you guys are making me homesick.. All this talk and pics of the Delaware Water Gap, Cape May, flying Over Southeastern PA... Can someone please send me a couple pounds of Scrapple, some Franks Black Cherry Soda, maybe through in a couple of Tastycakes, and and some Shoe-fly pie...

I sure do miss N57 and 39N!

The pic with the snow was taken at Big Bear L35 Sunday. For you east coasters, thats where the big man hunt is going on for the cop killer thats running around.
The second shot was taken this morning around Palm Springs area.

Attachments

• big bear lake 1.JPG
    big bear lake 1.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • puffy clouds.JPG
    puffy clouds.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
The pic with the snow was taken at Big Bear L35 Sunday. For you east coasters, thats where the big man hunt is going on for the cop killer thats running around.
The second shot was taken this morning around Palm Springs area.
Big Bear looks awesome.

Back