First Solo - Woohoo.

eetrojan

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
eetrojan
Woohoo. Finally did it. And, I cut together a video to prove it! The first part of the video is some prep and practice with my CFI, and then tossing him out on the ramp. My first solo starts around 6:21:

http://youtu.be/Ihi3EavOQxA

The weather was perfect, but I felt a bit rusty since my last flight lesson was over a month ago. After a few laps with my CFI, I was left to my own devices. A really weird feeling, but it felt awesome afterward.

The Charlie class tower controller was super nice.

I'm looking forward to the cross country phase of my flight training!

Congratulations, enjoy the rest of the ride to your check ride.

What a nice video! You had a lot going on besides just flying the plane! I'm going to show my new student this as he is worried about radio work so he can see that it can be done.
Looked like an awful nice shirt to be getting cut. Hope you took an old one with you.

Awesome flying, and I agree with you and the other pilots on the radio - that's about the most helpful controller I've ever heard on the radio.

Congratulations, pilot!

Congratulations Pilot, nice job in pretty busy traffic conditions..:thumbsup:

Dude. Time to take the stickers off the side of the ear cups.

Nice job.:)

Dude. Time to take the stickers off the side of the ear cups.

Nice job.:)

Oops. I have been meaning to do that. Maybe it's an illness, like those folks who permanently kept clear plastic seat covers on their couch?

Nice work sir and great video! Welcome to the club of people who have taken an airplane into the air and landed safely with stories to tell. It is a pretty small club.

I loved when your instructor stepped out and you took that deep breath! I did the same exact thing when mine stepped out on my solo. Also, after your first landing I chuckled when you let out another deep breath. It brought back great memories for me. Thanks!

Great video. Gives us newbs extra motivation. Very well done.

You're lucky your CFI is so tiny; that cockpit barely looked big enough for you on your solo! And Congrats: Wait till Solo XC's--that's where the real fun begins!

Would you mind sharing what editing software you use to make your vids?

Congrats, and nice video! Keep us posted on your progress!

That was great. Awesome landings an congrats on the first solo. I look forward to reading the follow up posts.

Congratulations! Great feeling isn't it?!

Good job! Keep at it, the training will really speed up from here!

Cool video. And I do like the sound of that controller's voice.:yes:

Great job, you kicked butt :thumbsup:
Enjoyed the video very much.

Let us know where you might do you cross countries.

You're lucky your CFI is so tiny; that cockpit barely looked big enough for you on your solo! And Congrats: Wait till Solo XC's--that's where the real fun begins!

It's weird. I don't feel especially big (6-1, 200) relative to my CFI (165, not sure of his height), but the video of me sitting next to him sure seems to exaggerate our size difference. I guess I'm just "big boned."

Great Job! The Evektor is a nice looking package.

Does it make anyone else nervous watching the instructor get out with the plane still running? Seems like bad form.

My instructor got out with it running as well. When he opened the door I said "Make sure you don't walk around the front" :) He laughed and walked towards the tail. It's time efficient to do it that way really.

Back