American Airlines new paint livery..

AA is in financial trouble, and they spent Big Bucks to branding consultants, painters, etc. for the New Look? Believe me, I don't pick an airline based on graphics.

Yeah, that cool paint is going to make the coach seats WAY more comfortable.....:nono:

Well, it's rolling out on newly-delivered airplanes, and I doubt they'll spend much painting aircraft before they're due for heavy service anyway - plus, they'll no olnger have the not-inconsequential expense of periodic polishing.

And, they had to do something soon, because of all the aircraft (B787 and Airbii) coming on the line with substantial surfaces not crafted of aluminum, and thus, not able to be prepared in the old livery anyway.

That said, of course, I think the new design is butt-ugly. The tail looks very much like Cubana's world-beating design.

AA is in financial trouble, and they spent Big Bucks to branding consultants, painters, etc. for the New Look? Believe me, I don't pick an airline based on graphics.

Meanwhile their employees are still pi$$ed....I think C.R. Is rolling in his grave right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And, they had to do something soon, because of all the aircraft (B787 and Airbii) coming on the line with substantial surfaces not crafted of aluminum, and thus, not able to be prepared in the old livery anyway.

Even so, both AA and Eastern were able to work around that on the A300's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

New paint jobs won't fix their dismal customer service.

US airlines have great safety records but some of the worst customer service in the world.

US airlines have great safety records but some of the worst customer service in the world.

Yep.

Worst when irregular ops occur, and you're trying to get home to the hub. May as well walk.

Another company ignoring the US Flag Code and using the flag for advertising.

I won't be doing business with them...just like I don't do business w/BoA.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever.
According to the flag code a flag is a flag or anything:

by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag.
According to the definition in the Flag Code, American's tail art is a flag.

Last edited:
And only 11 stripes....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree, if anyone here has had the pleasure of flying Emerates or any European airline it really makes us look embarrasing across the board....I got some customer award letter a while back for helping a by-her-self mom (totally nothing..just carried a stroller and a few bags to the top of the jet way)..I shouldnt get a letter for that..I should get fired for not doing that.

I like the logo but the tail is too bright and is not really balanced with the rest of the airplane.

Another company ignoring the US Flag Code and using the flag for advertising.

I won't be doing business with them...just like I don't do business w/BoA.

According to the flag code a flag is a flag or anything:

According to the definition in the Flag Code, American's tail art is a flag.
Don't you think USAirways' logo is worse?

Well, United's new livery is no longer my least favorite US livery. So there's that.

:vomit:

Will that mean that the staff will treat the inmates any less rude.

Will that mean that the staff will treat the inmates any less rude.

Of course

Here's the new spokesperson.

300px-Nurse_Ratched.jpg

And only 11 stripes....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I noticed this too. Maybe that was there attempt to get around the flag code rule. It would seem though, that someone should have caught that 2 stripes are left out.

Spoken by a guy who obviously doesn't polish his own airplane.
I bet in the long run, the polishing is cheaper than all the extra Jet-A they would have burned hauling paint around.

Who came up with that logo? Is that even a logo, or what? Honestly if those airplanes didn't say American on them in bold letters no one would have a clue. Seems like another corporate bureaucracy trying sooooo... hard to be cool that they ignore common sense and the purpose of a logo, being a recognizable symbol.

BTW- I flew on AA's new 737's first class. WORST first class seat I have ever sat in bar none. Constructed to be thin and modern, the foam was already compressed and you could feel every bar of the aluminum structure underneath. Those "old" first class seats that have served 20 years are worlds better.

Last edited:
And they are showing their customers how high tech they are now -- see, there are iPads in the cockpit.

Someone thought that app was important enough to include in a re-branding rollout.

rarjmd.png

Looking at the video, still looks like polished aluminum.

P.S. Is it just me, or does their new logo look like the old B of A logo? Not sure that's the brand I'd be looking to emulate...

American announces new paint, Delta announces a "minimum spend" policy on using their frequent flyer program.

Would be fun to see Delta sued by the credit card companies.

It really isn't new. It is Continental's livery with United's name on it.

Yeah, I know. For whatever reason I minded it a lot less with the Continental font than the current United font. But I didn't like it much then, either.

Not like it matters to me - I'll keep flying United because I live about 20 minutes from SFO.

Back