Is every Pilo'ts Name Matt?

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
Weird thread but I've met at least 3 pilots named Matt, it seems like every CFI I spoke to was name was Matt and there is quite a bit of Matts on this forum.. :goofy:

If it makes you feel any better, I know a whole lot of pilots and not a single one is named Matt.

I know a pilot named Matt. I've even flown with two CFI Matts.

Matt

I didn't feel bad at all just a quick joke on a boring saturday night.. Me and the wife realized it the other day when met another person in Jersey whos name was Matt. Like I said weird stupid thread..

The very best, and best-looking, are named "Spike."

Of course, I have heard that the World's Greatest Pilot is named "Jesse," but the jury's out on that.

And the Most Interesting Pilot in the World is named Henning. :)

No Matts here.

Weird thread but I've met at least 3 pilots named Matt, it seems like every CFI I spoke to was name was Matt and there is quite a bit of Matts on this forum.. :goofy:
Nope, I believe your name is Marc.:goofy:

I think there was a similar thread like this one awhile back, but the conclusion there was that every pilot's name was David/Dave. LOL.

I taught one Matt to fly, so I guess I've contributed to the Matt-uration process.

Just another Matt checking in!

-VanDy

Unless you ask my mother, then it's Matthew, unless you want a wrath 7fold stronger than gods reigning down upon you

-VanDy

I thought it was Buzz, or is that just for test pilots and astronauts?

I know 5 Matts at my school, that fly, and I don't know hardly any of the Freshman or Sophomores, so there could easily be more. Never really noticed it until you got me thinking.

My name is Matt but I'm seldom referred to as such. More often it's Mark, Mike, Mac, and Shrimp Man

I don't know any pilots named Matt but I do hear of a large number of pilots who fly with some guy named Charlie. I hear them all the time on the radio... "Cessna 78E, taxi for south departure with Charlie." This guy seems to get around!

Well...My name's Gage and I'm a pilot/CFI, so to answer your question...No, not every pilot's name is Matt :lol:

They are all jackass's.. Who want to go flyig??

Nots so many Matt's, but plenty of Daves, and quite a few passengers named Mike, Oscar, and Victor.

Hmm... I can't help but notice ya'lls pax are Charlie, Mike, Oscar, and Victor. I prefer to bring Juliet (and perhaps a little Whiskey). Make the cruise portion much less boring. ;)

But hey, I'm not judging...

It also seems like there are an incredibly large number of pilots that have green eyes. Considering something like 2% of people do - I think about 1/4 of the pilots I know have green eyes.

This whole thing reminds me of the Monty Python Philosophy Department sketch.

What, is your name not Matt? Mind if we call you Matt, it will cut down on the confusion.

Met more than my share of pilots named Jim, or some variant thereof. not sure what's up with that...

Must just be a power-pilot thing. In my glider club, about half the members are named Jim.

Matt

It also seems like there are an incredibly large number of pilots that have green eyes. Considering something like 2% of people do - I think about 1/4 of the pilots I know have green eyes.

That's from watching all that money going down the drain.

Dan

A word of advice: Never trust a pilot named Matt. I say this based on experience past and present.

Heh. Not many Nate, Nathan, Nathaniel, or similar in general. Really rare then when chopped down to the pilot population.

(Therefore usually if someone says not to trust that awful Nate pilot idiot, it's almost always about me. Haha.)

<-------- Matt

+1

Unless I'm in trouble with my wife or mother. Then it's Matthew. Or jackass.

My son likes to call me ajdns okjko k kljh llhbvljhv ouwbqu nwpajsdb. He's seven months, so I think the "hew" still confuses him.

Last edited:
Back