eggnog

pilotod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eyeflying
I miss Houston for a couple of reasons but this time of year I miss Bordens Premium eggnog so much that I plot a little secret flight there to some store, maybe Fiesta, and open the carton as soon as I take it out of the refrigerator, drink as much as I can and then roll in a ball with a tummy ache. If anyone, anyone is coming to Denver and can bring me some, I really need a fix. The only thing close here is Royal Crest but it just isn't good ol' Bordens.

Another thing is Blue Bell ice cream which, unbelievably, stores have it in Denver now. And Shipley's donuts....fresh and hot! Bring a dozen....microwaving almost makes them as good as when they came out of that large vat of hot grease! No, Krispie Kreme isn't as good but, again, close.

I miss Houston for a couple of reasons but this time of year I miss Bordens Premium eggnog so much that I plot a little secret flight there to some store, maybe Fiesta, and open the carton as soon as I take it out of the refrigerator, drink as much as I can and then roll in a ball with a tummy ache. If anyone, anyone is coming to Denver and can bring me some, I really need a fix. The only thing close here is Royal Crest but it just isn't good ol' Bordens.

Another thing is Blue Bell ice cream which, unbelievably, stores have it in Denver now. And Shipley's donuts....fresh and hot! Bring a dozen....microwaving almost makes them as good as when they came out of that large vat of hot grease! No, Krispie Kreme isn't as good but, again, close.

I didn't know Shipley's was a chain. :dunno: The only one I've been to is in Starkville, MS, and the blueberry donuts are probably some of the best I've ever had. Makes Krispie Kreme taste like factory food.

You could try making your own. Eggnog isn't that hard to do and you can adjust the flavors in it as needed. My favorite adjustment is Courvoisier.

Stroh Inlander Rum from Austria. Best thing for Egg Nog...

wouldn't it be a bit cheaper to have someone like me fed ex you a care package? Just sayin:yes:

I used to make eggnog every year, and may do so again if I get invited for New Years somewhere. Mine is enormously potent, and incredibly alcoholic. Heart attack in a glass, actually.

I used to make eggnog every year, and may do so again if I get invited for New Years somewhere. Mine is enormously potent, and incredibly alcoholic. Heart attack in a glass, actually.

Care to share your recipe ?

For the eggnog that is... I know how to dump mass quantities of Rum in it..:D

There's no nog like egg nog.

--

I've made my own, once. Now I just doctor up some store-bought. Since no one else in the family likes it, there's plenty for me.

Care to share your recipe ?

For the eggnog that is... I know how to dump mass quantities of Rum in it..:D

I believe mine came from the Joy of cooking:

Beat separately until light in color
12 egg yolks
Beat in gradually
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
Add very slowly, beating constantly
2 c. dark rum, brandy, bourbon, or rye
These liquors form the basis of the "nog", and you may choose one
variety or mix to taste; I prefer rum.

Let mixture stand covered for 1 hour to dispel the "eggy" taste.

Add, beating constantly,
2 to 4 cups of liquor (chosen as above; I use rum)
2 quarts whipping cream
1 cup peach brandy, if desired (I've never added it)
Refrigerate covered for 3 hours.

Beat until stiff but not dry
8 to 12 egg whites

Fold egg whites lightly into the other ingredients. Serve sprinkled
with fresh nutmeg and cinnamon to taste.

Yield is about 1 gallon.

This is a very rich, high-cholesterol, high-octane eggnog. If you use
4 cups of liquor in the second part, it will be *very* alcoholic; if
you only use 2 cups, it will still be pretty strong.

And yes, I've added the brandy. When it comes to booze, the more the merrier.

wouldn't it be a bit cheaper to have someone like me fed ex you a care package? Just sayin:yes:

Or isn't there a young Texas based pilot who recently picked up a fast a airplane that could be switched from a girl fetching mission to eggnog fetching?

there you go! Another who can do it without getting everyone's underpants in a wad over flying someone else's mission with only a PPL.

Or isn't there a young Texas based pilot who recently picked up a fast a airplane that could be switched from a girl fetching mission to eggnog fetching?

Sugar Land! You are ground zero for me. Borden's Premium Eggnog's around the corner. If I send you some funds that will pay for product, shipping and handling are you a willing participant?

Sucks for you. Eggnog is egg plus nog, nog being alcohol. In for a penny, in for a pound I always say.

Anything worth doing, is (after all) worth doing RIGHT! :yes:

Sugar Land! You are ground zero for me. Borden's Premium Eggnog's around the corner. If I send you some funds that will pay for product, shipping and handling are you a willing participant?

Yes I am! I can take paypal or what ever you method you want to use!:goofy:

FYI I have a 1/2 gallon in the fridge now I am working on. :lol:

can you say.............................................

Liver Transplant :dunno:;)

Can you say............................

Moderation

Everyone who enjoys the occasional drink isn't a lush, Carry Nation.

I'm living proof that a functional liver isn't required for survival.

Can you say............................

Moderation

Everyone who enjoys the occasional drink isn't a lush, Carry Nation.

Don't get me wrong... an occasional drink is 100% ok with me as I enjoy one every day to "spool down" from a long day at work. I was commenting on the VAST amount that was called out for here..........

Quote.........

Beat separately until light in color
12 egg yolks
Beat in gradually
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
Add very slowly, beating constantly
2 c. dark rum, brandy, bourbon, or rye
These liquors form the basis of the "nog", and you may choose one
variety or mix to taste; I prefer rum.

Let mixture stand covered for 1 hour to dispel the "eggy" taste.

Add, beating constantly,
2 to 4 cups of liquor (chosen as above; I use rum)
2 quarts whipping cream
1 cup peach brandy, if desired (I've never added it)
Refrigerate covered for 3 hours.

Beat until stiff but not dry
8 to 12 egg whites

Fold egg whites lightly into the other ingredients. Serve sprinkled
with fresh nutmeg and cinnamon to taste.

Yield is about 1 gallon.

This is a very rich, high-cholesterol, high-octane eggnog. If you use
4 cups of liquor in the second part, it will be *very* alcoholic; if
you only use 2 cups, it will still be pretty strong. UNQUOTE....

That is one STRONG adult beverage..:yes::hairraise:.

Peace.:rockon:

Yup, so you drink a cupful and enjoy. No need to get your panties in a wad. I worry about the fat way more than the booze.

I believe mine came from the Joy of cooking:

And yes, I've added the brandy. When it comes to booze, the more the merrier.

Put a lactose warning on it as well lol, a lactose intolerant person will clear the party with stink bombs about a half hour after having a cup.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Put a lactose warning on it as well lol, a lactose intolerant person will clear the party with stink bombs about a half hour after having a cup.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm lactose intolerant as ass hell, and I never have a problem with this. Can't drink enough to make one, I'd be passed out on the floor before I could give myself gas with this stuff.

I'm lactose intolerant as ass hell, and I never have a problem with this. Can't drink enough to make one, I'd be passed out on the floor before I could give myself gas with this stuff.

All that heavy cream? I could kill you in an elevator by dring a cup of that.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back