Adults Only

On hot days, a sweet fruity wine cooler, other than that, it's MGD with meals, and Canadian Club black label, neat.

Gosh. It really depends on the mood. I love a good cosmopolitan. I also love variations of martinis that you only find on expensive cocktail menus.. mmmm. Right now I'm sipping a Captain Morgan's Tattoo & Dr. Pepper (10... none of that diet crap). I also enjoy a decent vodka and tonic.

It'd be easier to say what I don't like: Beer, dry red wines, whiskey, tequila and plain gin. Everything else is fair game. :D

Tequila and I had an argument once and I lost. So we don't get along unless its in a margarita anymore.

Otherwise, ^^^ any of that up there ^^^ is fine by me.

Not a beer, wine, or anything else snob. Don't mind the bad stuff, don't mind the good stuff.

Tonight was a Blue Moon with an orange slice, because it went well with Bratwurst.

If we're going to get REALLY stupid, Jagermeister shots. REALLY stupid.

A good British Hard Cider... Just chilled by the glass itself, with a nice crisp finish... That plus darts at the pub, I may not realize how many I've had.

Add a nice apple, cracker, and cheese plate like any proper British pub, or maybe some fish and chips in newspaper like it should be, and I'm staying until closing time.

And calling a cab. Heh.

Jeremiah Weed is awful, but that's kinda the point... I suppose. Straight from the freezer it would be a bit more tolerable.

Cheers!

That and Milwaukee's Best.

The great thing about those two beers is that the cans are worth more empty than they were when full!

:cheers:

Give me good local microbrew and I'll continue to work on my 12 pack abs.

Last edited:
Anything I brew at home! I have a Russian Imperial Stout and a Double IPA in the fermenting vessel right now. I would have to say anything craft beer.

Depends on the mood. Last night I had a gin & tonic when I came home (Tanqueray gin). We had pizza for dinner, so I had a beer (from Newfoundland - a place called Qidi Vidi Brewery. We're out, so I guess we'll have to fly up to get more).

I'll typically have some red wine with dinner. Which kind varies, but I've actually been enjoying the Zins and Malbecs from Bota Box. $20 for a 3L box of wine. Tastes good, and put through a Vinturi, almost any red wine gets better. We have a good collection of wine in the wine cellar, and will bring out the bottles when we have friends over.

I've been out of my Scotch kick lately, but my favorite if I want a good one at the end of the day is a Balvenie Doublewood single malt. I always drink Scotch straight up - no junk in it.

Lastly, I do not always eat Mexican, but when I do, I prefer to drink Dos Equis beer.

Depends on my mood and what I'm eating.
As someone with something 2200 bottles of wine in my cellar, I consume a bit of that.
I like a good beer from time to time.
Bombay Sapphire martini when my mood strikes.

As someone with something 2200 bottles of wine in my cellar, I consume a bit of that.

Sounds like my godfather. He had a collection that was probably only about 1,000 bottles. We drank well at his house.

Do you have pictures of your wine cellar? I'd love to see it.

No hard stuff for me.

My adult beverage of choice would be a good Pale Ale.

I like VO Gold with 7 on ice.
search

Last edited:
Lots of scotch drinkers in this crew. I've been to Scotland many times and done the tours. Done the wee drams. Still looking for "The one". Single malt scotch... Rich to sweet to smoky... Highland, Lowland, Island, Speyside. Each has a character of its own. And if you haven't tried it, Bruichladdich Octomore. Now THAT is smoky. I also like Famous Grouse, a vatted or blended malt, that I would recommend to anyone who says they don't like scotch.
You just haven't found the right one yet.
Beer is usually Sam Adams Seasonal or some local brew.

Bombay and tonic is my default drink, gotta keep the malaria away. Weller's and water if its really cold outside. The occasional shot of tequila (patron) has been known to happen.

Will usually drink a fair amount of champagne if I'm out with the wife and her friends. Usually has good results at the end of the evening. :)

Green Chartreuse, made by Benedictine monks in France, is my after dinner liqueur of choice. 110 proof. It only takes one.

Benedictine & Brandy would be #2.

Mary is partial to amaretto, which is good in brownies but not much else, IMHO.

Shiner Bock is our everyday beer. Texas nectar of the gods.

Sapphire gin & tonic is hard to beat at poolside.

Amelia's Landing White Zin is our favorite wine. :D

Crown Royal with Canada Dry club soda...never with water. Most any lite beer if outdoor temps +80*

When I drank it was Miller Lite, and for the hard stuff, usually tequlia, but mainly beer. :D
Now it's H2O or unsweet iced tea, with an occasional diet coke or skim milk!:yes:

I've been in to white wines lately, Sauvignon and Fume Blancs. I'll tolerate Pinot Grigios but no chards.

For red wines I like zins the best, followed by cabs and Pinot Noirs.

But I cannot STAND white zins!! If a restaurant accidentally pours me one I'll send it back!

Crown and Ginger Ale with lime
Maker's Mark with same mixers
Corona if I am drinking beer.

I have tried quite a few but have only really liked one craft beer. There is a place here called the Mash House with a really good variety...man that stuff wil live you a buzz in a hurry.

Well my favorite poison has changed over the years, maybe due to maturity or inability to drink it ever again.

In my youth it was Southern Comfort & Coke when it was 90 proof.
In my military years it was Jack Daniels with Löwenbräu chasers.
My years living in California I got soft and it was Bartles & Jaymes wine coolers.
Back to my old friend Jack Daniels when I moved back east and began my career (after work).
Got married and I would enjoy a nice bottle of Sandeman Twany Port wine in the married couple scene.
Since I got divorced I enjoy any of the following:
Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan Private Stock
Rumplemintz & Hot Cocoa
Vodka & Redbull

When hanging out in the Florida Keys or on the islands I love my Rum-Runners, Margaritas and Coronas.

Miscellaneous drinks I've enjoyed over the years: Yukon Jack, One Eyed Jack Beer, Grand Marnier injected into chocolate covered strawberries.

Last edited:
Back