C-195 brakes?

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I'm getting my first look at a C-195 up close. IF one had to change the hose on the left side master cylinder how on earth would you get to it??

The right side hose would be easy but for the life of me I can't see how to get to the left side hose. I can't even see it to inspect it. :-(

Paul
Salome, AZ

Paging Flyer23D.....

There is an access panel in the floor (under the carpet) just aft of the pedals and you can also get some access from under the aircraft by removing the fresh air "vent". I replaced both of these hoses a couple of years ago, looked like the ones that came out were originals. I don't remember it being too miserable of a job but there were things that had to be done by feel and looked at after your hands are out of the way. Of course, the other possibility is that it was so bad that I've subconsciously blocked out what little memory I have left.

I finally got a look at the left hose with a mirror and light. The right hose is right out in the open by removing the "vent" door. The owner thought he had spotted red fluid on the plane bottom. Turned out to be just oil and the brakes were fine.

Paul

Back