Favorite Quotes

" Go ugly early and avoid the rush"

-anon-

From my buddies flight instructor: "Crashing ruins dinner plans. I get angry when I miss dinner. Don't make me angry."

"There is no dumbass vaccine" Jimmy Buffet

Today I will do things others won't, so that tomorrow I can do things others can't.

"Life is tough; it's even tougher when you're stupid."
- Sgt. Stryker (John Wayne) in "The Sands of Iwo Jima"

"You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny." - a bumper sticker I have.

The time has come to grab the bull by the tail and look adversity squarely in the face.

-- W.C. Fields

"I always drink coffee while I'm watching radar!" - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

Did she say that to her girlfriend?

Favorite quotes?

Just about the entire script to either Monty Python and the Holy Grail or The Princess Bride

"...there has been a time in the evolution of everything that works when it didn't work."

Leo McGarry in "West Wing"

Early to bed, early to rise.
Work like hell,
And advertise.

Ted Turner, after he gave a billion dollars to charity. :eek:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill

Last edited:
Favorite quotes?

Just about the entire script to either Monty Python and the Holy Grail or The Princess Bride

My roommate can quote The Princess Bride. The whole thing. At dinner one night he did the first 15 minutes...I believe him when he says he can do the whole movie.

And don't get me started on the Holy Grail....I love that movie :)

Life is like a penis.

When it's soft you can't beat it.

When it's hard you get f*****.

Me

Last edited:
Life is like a penis.

me

Oh my god, I was about to post this and attribute it to you. That quote is forever enshrined in the bar at Hoppys on the UP of Michigan. (I checked, it's still there)

Life is like a penis.

Me
Now that's funny! :D

I'm also a bit curious about the quote in your signature. I've always heard Lambert's was good. Never been there myself tho. (Feel free to PM, I don't wanna hijack the thread.)

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't eff with them.

The best way to predict the future is to create it. - Mark Cuban

Lots of great versions. I like, "Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Me

Life is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson after. - Samuel Clemens

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

"All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, nor from want of honor or virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation."

--John Adams

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

--Thomas Jefferson

It's not that I enjoy being a cynic, it's just that it so greatly improves my ability to predict the future

--unknown

"Hookers and Blow can change the world!"

Michael Irvin

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

-- Howard Thurman

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

-- Howard Thurman

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

--Oscar Wilde

This too shall pass.

Pretty much like a kidney stone.

You haven't failed unless you have quit trying.
~ my Dad's physical therapist.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."
"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."
-Both by Adolf Hitler

Sadly, they're true.

Last edited:
"You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done."
— Chuck Yeager

Back