I hate when this happens...

attachment.php

Mooo

Which one is the Cessna?

With fuel prices as they are leaving the feet out is absurd to me. I bet I can slow down next to a 206 and use less fuel than him doing it.

I agree. IIRC I averaged 10.6 GPH on a 7 hour trip. At an average price of $6.50/gal (stopped at a Signature in KABQ so higher than normal) it cost shy o $500 for 3 people.. less than 2 airline tickets to the same destination. The CFI who gave me the 20hrs dual for insurance introduced me to grass strips too, wouldn't wanna brave those with wheel pants. :yikes:

I agree. IIRC I averaged 10.6 GPH on a 7 hour trip. At an average price of $6.50/gal (stopped at a Signature in KABQ so higher than normal) it cost shy o $500 for 3 people.. less than 2 airline tickets to the same destination. The CFI who gave me the 20hrs dual for insurance introduced me to grass strips too, wouldn't wanna brave those with wheel pants. :yikes:

Explain to me this fear of grass and whell pants?

Perhaps our definitions of "grass strips" differ?

Explain to me this fear of grass and whell pants?

Perhaps our definitions of "grass strips" differ?

Wheel pants offer what, 2" of clearance? I've never flown off of super rough grass, but it's never been smooth either. I've also done some dirt stuff (mostly in Warrior trainers though) that I'd never touch with wheel pants.. they'd get all scraped and a tiny rock could crack them. Not to mention they're a PAIN for the line guys.

Hey, my buddy's LongEZ always parks that way:

6247716_orig.jpg

Since the pic says it comes from a colorado website - I'll offer
"Ah crap! Another Campaign TFR. Bow for his majesty!"
but that would make it political and spin zone fodder, so "never mind"

Since the pic says it comes from a colorado website - I'll offer
"Ah crap! Another Campaign TFR. Bow for his majesty!"
but that would make it political and spin zone fodder, so "never mind"

ROFL!

Ok... All kiddin aside....

Do Cessna's do this ?

If it is just a gentle nose gear collapse while parked , how much damage happens ?....

I think I have the winner.... Someone said "It's praying..." which gave me this idea. And David's a good sport to poke a bit of fun at. Especially with the current avatar picture. Reminds me of Mystery Guitar Man on YouTube.

David White is my Pilot; I shall not want

He maeth me fly down in green pastures: He leadeth me besides the still AvGas Pumps

He restorth my instrument panel, he flyeth me in the airways of the system for his vacations sake

Yea, though I fly through the valley in the shadow of cumulogranite, I will fear no CFIT: For David is with me, thy heading and thy GPS they comfort me.

Tough preparest a tabe before me in the presence of the FAA/AME's: thou anointest my engine with mineral oil; my fuel tanks runneth over.

Surely good skys and fair weather shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the hanger of David White forever.​

I think I have the winner.... Someone said "It's praying..." which gave me this idea. And David's a good sport to poke a bit of fun at. Especially with the current avatar picture. Reminds me of Mystery Guitar Man on YouTube.
David White is my Pilot; I shall not want

He maeth me fly down in green pastures: He leadeth me besides the still AvGas Pumps

He restorth my instrument panel, he flyeth me in the airways of the system for his vacations sake

Yea, though I fly through the valley in the shadow of cumulogranite, I will fear no CFIT: For David is with me, thy heading and thy GPS they comfort me.

Tough preparest a tabe before me in the presence of the FAA/AME's: thou anointest my engine with mineral oil; my fuel tanks runneth over.

Surely good skys and fair weather shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the hanger of David White forever.​

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

10/10

After a successful flight, the plane took a final bow.

Back