Henning!

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
I can't say Henning is back because acknowledging he was gone wold be a violation of POA rules

I can't say welcome back Henning because that would acknowledge he was gone.

So all I can do is say Henning!

:rolleyes:

So, one thread had you driving the mars rover looking for signs of life.

Another thread had you piloting the platform numb nuts jumped from 24 miles above the earth.

Still another had you prepping the candidate for their debates.

Well? Please don't tell me you are piloting a daily garbage skow out of Hong Kong.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Well, I was in the Delaware Bay and river on a 640' tanker ATB unit in Lightering service up the river as wel as providing 'floating pipeline service' between refineries and tank farms since this is a fungible supply market. Right now though I'm tied up with the new USCG NMC Creedential/renewal system out of WV that just smacks of Lockheed Martin or similar contractor stuff.

No ocean going jobs coming out of Nebraska? Wow, this economy really IS bad. :D

I'd be surprised if Tidewater wasn't recruiting OSs at Nebraska job fairs, the were in Wichita Falls and Cody Wyoming.

You were near the Philadelphia Seaplane base 9N2, were'nt you? Essington/Marcus Hook, etc.

You were near the Philadelphia Seaplane base 9N2, were'nt you? Essington/Marcus Hook, etc.

Oh yeah, Marcus Hook is where Delta's refinery is, we brought them their first batch of crude to fire up on. Is that an active seaplane base?

Oh yeah, Marcus Hook is where Delta's refinery is, we brought them their first batch of crude to fire up on. Is that an active seaplane base?

It was until recently, I believe. It is still ok to use it as such, I just don't think the FBO is there anymore that had a couple of planes on floats and provided training. I may be wrong though. It is the oldest active seaplane base in the U.S.

So, Chuck Norris, the Most Interesting Pilot and David White were engaged in an aviation debate and then,

Henning walked in....

.... and Chuck & David bowed down on one knee. :rofl:

More like grovelled.

grovelling.jpg

It was until recently, I believe. It is still ok to use it as such, I just don't think the FBO is there anymore that had a couple of planes on floats and provided training. I may be wrong though. It is the oldest active seaplane base in the U.S.

There is activity. At least there was last summer when I did my ASES training there. The base at Essington was shut down for refurbishing, and we had to use a nearby runway; but the waterway is still there and useable, and the base should be back in business by now.

Bob Mills, who ran the place for eons, moved to Florida a few years back; don't think he is still living there (or anywhere).

There is activity. At least there was last summer when I did my ASES training there. The base at Essington was shut down for refurbishing, and we had to use a nearby runway; but the waterway is still there and useable, and the base should be back in business by now.

Bob Mills, who ran the place for eons, moved to Florida a few years back; don't think he is still living there (or anywhere).

Someone mentioned that the township bought it and is committed to keep it as an active seaplane base. 300ft base of class B :yikes: .

Bob Mills passed in 2008, and he had moved to Florida. But, you're right he was there forever. I've always wanted to get my seaplane rating there.

http://phillyseaplanebase.com/

I am an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy. Seriously, we have an honorary Navy. :rofl

My Dad got such a commission, as well! The "Ship of State" is a prairie schooner.

Back