Pilots of America Message Board

Home Live Chat
Go Back   Pilots of America Message Board > Controlled Airspace > Flight Following

Flight Following Got a general question to ask or aviation topic to discuss? Establish contact here!

Old May 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1
(User ID: JOhnH)
Final Approach

Foreflight agreement

My foreflight subscription should be expiring soon. I tried to sign on t the application to see if I could figure out exactly when it will expire.

I was considering letting it expire and loading and testing the Garmin product. but when I sign on I get a huge new T&C screen that I need to accept before continuing. I tried to read it on the iphone but that is a task. I am not sure if accepting the new terms equates to renewing the subscription, which I am not ready to do just yet.

Is that new T&Cs page just general conditions for everyone? Or am I seeing it because it is renewal time?
JOhnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Posted in reply to JOhnH's post "Foreflight agreement"
(User ID: midlifeflyer)
En-Route

Re: Foreflight agreement

You mean when you go to More - Accounts, you get a license agreement instead of the information about your account? That this screen doesn't say "Your Account" with the information? (This is the location, but it will look different with an active account signed it):

If you
re getting this screen, it might be that your subscription already expired. I've only signed in once (the first time I bought it) in the bast 14 months.

Aviation Regulation Fallacies and Half-Truths
  1. The AIM is not regulatory.
  2. A Safety Pilot is only a lookout.
  3. The Pilot In Command is the only person with responsibility for the safety of a flight.
  4. It's your logbook.
  5. The FAA is the only governmental body that regulates what we do in aircraft.
midlifeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM
(User ID: flyingcheesehead)
Touchdown! Greaser!

Send a message via AIM to flyingcheesehead Send a message via Yahoo to flyingcheesehead Send a message via Skype™ to flyingcheesehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOhnH View Post
My foreflight subscription should be expiring soon. I tried to sign on t the application to see if I could figure out exactly when it will expire.

I was considering letting it expire and loading and testing the Garmin product. but when I sign on I get a huge new T&C screen that I need to accept before continuing. I tried to read it on the iphone but that is a task. I am not sure if accepting the new terms equates to renewing the subscription, which I am not ready to do just yet.

Is that new T&Cs page just general conditions for everyone? Or am I seeing it because it is renewal time?
Everyone gets it, I think. My "subscription" is good through sometime in 2016 last I checked, but I just got the new T&C after 4.5 came out - I think it was probably changed due to the new Stratus box. Like most people, I just hit "Agree" and went on with my life.
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
(User ID: MBDiagMan)
Pattern Altitude

If all you need to know is your expiration date, simply open Foreflight and click on Your Accounts. The date will be at the top.

As long as there is enough memory you should be able to load Garmin without uninstalling Foreflight.

Let us know what you think of the Garmin product. My subscription expires in July, so I want to evaluate alternatives before renewing.

Cessna 140
N2414V
"Miss Piggy"
MBDiagMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
(User ID: Jaybird180)
Final Approach

I didn't think the Garmin was intuitive. Maybe I'm typecast into FF

Senator Long: “The only difference I ever found between the Democratic leadership and the Republican leadership is that one of them is skinning you from the ankle up and the other, from the neck down.”
Jaybird180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
(User ID: MBDiagMan)
Pattern Altitude

Thanks Jay. I'm probably type cast into Foreflight by now as well.

Cessna 140
N2414V
"Miss Piggy"
MBDiagMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
(User ID: Inverted)
Cleared for Takeoff

I have been a FF subscriber for years. I gave Garmin an honest shot for 30 days but still found FF to be more intuitive. Garmin has a fantastic UI though.
Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Posted in reply to MBDiagMan's post "Re: Foreflight agreement"
(User ID: JOhnH)
Final Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
If all you need to know is your expiration date, simply open Foreflight and click on Your Accounts. The date will be at the top.
No. When I opened ForeFlight the ONLY option was to accept. In order to continue to do anything you had to accept. I finally went ahead and accepted and then found my expiration date is next month.

Quote:
Let us know what you think of the Garmin product. My subscription expires in July, so I want to evaluate alternatives before renewing.
I am going on a two week vacation in two weeks so I will wait until I get back to try the Garmin App. I will report then.
JOhnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:58 PM
(User ID: denverpilot)
Touchdown! Greaser!

Send a message via ICQ to denverpilot Send a message via AIM to denverpilot Send a message via Yahoo to denverpilot Send a message via Skype™ to denverpilot
You could back out of the App and kill it not to Accept.

Doesn't matter anyway. Judges everywhere regularly throw out those shrink-wrapped and electronic "mandatory" agreements as non-binding.

Foreflight may have asked for my first-born for all I know. I'd like to see it stand up in court. They don't.

What it does is keep the nuisance lawsuits away on their side. If they're found to be grossly negligent in something they're doing, they're not protected by those auto-click-yes documents. Especially if someone with deeper pockets is suing them.
denverpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Home Register New Posts Today's Posts
Go Back   Pilots of America Message Board > Controlled Airspace > Flight Following