Pilots of America Message Board

Home Live Chat
Go Back   Pilots of America Message Board > Controlled Airspace > Cool Places to Fly > Annual Wings Fly B Q

Annual Wings Fly B Q All things concerning the Annual Wings Fly-B-Q.

Old April 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Posted in reply to Anthony's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: HPNPilot1200)
En-Route

Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012

Name.........................#people......Tail #/Type.............HomeField........Dates.....Hotel
Grant.&.Leslie.&.CFI...........3 ........N1074W/BE33................1C5 ...........Fri-Sun...yes
Ed Frederick ..................1 ........N727DS(maybe, maybe not)...9D9 ...........?-?.......nyet
Gary Mascelli..................1 ........N6708R.....................KILG. .........Sat.......no
Missa..........................1 ........????.......................KIPT. .........Sat/Sun...Yes - share?
Gary...........................1.........N9765W... .................KUKT...........Fri-Sat...No
Tim............................1.........VAN...... .................KIAD...........Fri-Sat...??
Nick/Brianna/Tyler.............3.........N4369R/C172................KEXX...........Fri/Sat...Yes
Anthony & Jennifer.............1.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
Bill S.........................1.........TBD........... .... .......KHEF...........TBD.......TBD (Tenative at this point, still some things to be resolved)
Flyersfan31....................1.........3129S or van...............N51............Fri/Sat...no
Adam/Jeanine...................2.........N20KM/TB21.................LWM ...........Fri-Sun...yes
Peggy&Don......................2........ N4307R/C-172...............KBDR...........Sat.......no
Matt............1maybe2.........TBD.........GAI... ........Fri-Sun.........holiday inn!!!
Mike, Laura&Ben.....2 1/10........N8889E/PA28-181.....KBQR.........Sat-Sun.......Hotel TBD last minute
Jason...........................1...........N5756W/M20K................KOXC...........Sat...........N o

HPNPilot1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Posted in reply to HPNPilot1200's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: steingar)
Touchdown! Greaser!

Name.........................#people......Tail #/Type.............HomeField........Dates.....Hotel
Grant.&.Leslie.&.CFI...........3 ........N1074W/BE33................1C5 ...........Fri-Sun...yes
Ed Frederick ..................1 ........N727DS(maybe, maybe not)...9D9 ...........?-?.......nyet
Gary Mascelli..................1 ........N6708R.....................KILG. .........Sat.......no
Missa..........................1 ........????.......................KIPT. .........Sat/Sun...Yes - share?
Gary...........................1.........N9765W... .................KUKT...........Fri-Sat...No
Tim............................1.........VAN...... .................KIAD...........Fri-Sat...??
Nick/Brianna/Tyler.............3.........N4369R/C172................KEXX...........Fri/Sat...Yes
Anthony & Jennifer.............1.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
Bill S.........................1.........TBD........... .... .......KHEF...........TBD.......TBD (Tenative at this point, still some things to be resolved)
Flyersfan31....................1.........3129S or van...............N51............Fri/Sat...no
Adam/Jeanine...................2.........N20KM/TB21.................LWM ...........Fri-Sun...yes
Peggy&Don......................2........ N4307R/C-172...............KBDR...........Sat.......no
Matt............1maybe2.........TBD.........GAI... ........Fri-Sun.........holiday inn!!!
Mike, Laura&Ben.....2 1/10........N8889E/PA28-181.....KBQR.........Sat-Sun.......Hotel TBD last minute
Jason...........................1...........N5756W/M20K................KOXC...........Sat...........N o
Steingar.......................2................?. ........................KTZR..............Thu-Sun......Yes
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Posted in reply to steingar's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: AdamZ)
Touchdown! Greaser!
Pilots Of America Management

Send a message via Skype™ to AdamZ

Heh Michael I see your at the hotel, Gave up staying at the sisters

With reasonable men I will reason, with humane men I will plead, with tyrants I will show no mercy. Thomas Jefferson (carved on the Jefferson Memorial at the Tidal Basin)
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Posted in reply to AdamZ's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: kimberlyanne546)
Final Approach

Now the research begins. CEO said I could have the day off (Friday).

I may / may not stay through Monday since I will be spending so much time getting there by plane if I don't fly non-stop.

I appreciate all the offers for a ride - but - in case things don't work out that way - I want to have a back up plan for transportation. Hoping the train schedule / route is online etc.

Rental cars seem silly unless the BF comes with me. I've told him to decide tonight or tomorrow so I can buy my ticket.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO meeting Tracey, if she is going, and of course all those people I only know as little square avatars on the internet.

I'm excited!!!
kimberlyanne546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Posted in reply to kimberlyanne546's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: azure)
En-Route

Steingar.......................2................?. ........................KTZR..............Thu-Sun......Yes
Azure.(maybe)..............1............N828JT/C177RG.........KVLL...............TBD............. ...TBD

States I have flown to:
azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Posted in reply to kimberlyanne546's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
Touchdown! Greaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyanne546 View Post
Now the research begins. CEO said I could have the day off (Friday).

I may / may not stay through Monday since I will be spending so much time getting there by plane if I don't fly non-stop.

I appreciate all the offers for a ride - but - in case things don't work out that way - I want to have a back up plan for transportation. Hoping the train schedule / route is online etc.

Rental cars seem silly unless the BF comes with me. I've told him to decide tonight or tomorrow so I can buy my ticket.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO meeting Tracey, if she is going, and of course all those people I only know as little square avatars on the internet.

I'm excited!!!

Trip Planer for the SEPTA train Get on at the Airport, pick the terminal Get off at Ambler Station or if you want to go directly to the hotel you can get off at Ft. Washington and walk about 2 blocks ( you have to switch trains at either 10th street station or Market East Total trip is about 1.2

http://www.septa.org/service/rail/

Ifin it was me I'd accept a ride.

With reasonable men I will reason, with humane men I will plead, with tyrants I will show no mercy. Thomas Jefferson (carved on the Jefferson Memorial at the Tidal Basin)

Last edited by AdamZ; April 9th, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Posted in reply to AdamZ's post "WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: Mattl)
Pre-takeoff checklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post

This. ^^^^

Depending on your arrival time, Philly intl is GA friendly, if you want to get picked up there by GA plane. I don't know if I'll have a free seat, (if i do, I'm up for it) but I'm guessing that someone might, and would be willing to add PHL to their logbook.
Mattl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Posted in reply to AdamZ's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: kimberlyanne546)
Final Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Trip Planer for the SEPTA train Get on at the Airport, pick the terminal Get off at Ambler Station or if you want to go directly to the hotel you can get off at Ft. Washington and walk about 2 blocks ( you have to switch trains at either 10th street station or Market East Total trip is about 1.2

http://www.septa.org/service/rail/

Adam,

I would LOVE to accept a ride. Really, I would. But I am one of those "independent" types. I want to have a "back up" plan, in other words, time my flight in accordance with the train / cab / whatever - JUST IN CASE my ride cannot pick me up for whatever reason - VFR vs IFR, mechanical issues with the plane, they cancel the vacation, they decide not to get a van, etc.

I will buy my ticket before the end of the week (BF can't go) and post my schedule. If anyone would like to offer a flight or a ride I can pay the $40 landing fee or pitch in for gas money within reason.

I would be happy with a "free" ride too but it is in my nature to offer to help out.

Kimberly

PS - Another reason people might not be able to give me a ride - I couldn't get Thursday off work, only Friday (and possibly Monday). That means if I want to see everyone for the Philly Cheese Steaks on Friday night I should probably take a red-eye flight on Thursday night. Those arrive at an ungodly early hour on Friday at PHL and an idea I had was to just see if I could get an early check in to the hotel and sleep for a while, joining everyone in the afternoon.
kimberlyanne546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Posted in reply to azure's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: Tracey)
Position and Hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Azure.(maybe)..............1............N828JT/C177RG.........KVLL...............TBD............. ...TBD
Ok, I have tried to add myself to this list and it keeps saying that I'm "5 characters short."
This is my scoop:
Tracey (hopefully).....................1................. .either w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767...............KLWM or KBOS.........................Fri to Sun....................Hotel

Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:55 AM
(User ID: GMascelli)
Pattern Altitude

Added to the list.....

Tracey (hopefully)....1.....w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767.....KLWM or KBOS.......Fri to Sun........Hotel

FLIGHT JOURNAL

GMascelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Posted in reply to GMascelli's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: Anthony)
Touchdown! Greaser!

Anthony & Jennifer.............2.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
Tracey (hopefully)....1.....w/Adam&Jeanine or my 767.....KLWM or KBOS.......Fri to Sun........Hotel
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Pattern Altitude

Anthony,

miss my post from 5:55?

Wake up, it's time to go to work.

FLIGHT JOURNAL

Old April 11th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Touchdown! Greaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMascelli View Post
Anthony,

ROLMAO

Old April 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Touchdown! Greaser!

Quote:
Anthony,

I was correcting an incongruency in your post.

Shirley you must be joking.

Nobody asked you Adam.

Old April 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
(User ID: wsuffa)
Administrator
PoA Test PilotPilots Of America Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I was correcting an incongruency in your post.

Shirley you must be joking.

Nobody asked you Adam.

Someone needs a cup of coffee. Or two.

Places I've landed
wsuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Posted in reply to wsuffa's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
Touchdown! Greaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsuffa View Post
Someone needs a cup of coffee. Or two.

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Pattern Altitude

Quote:
I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.
Hang in there...it gets better.

FLIGHT JOURNAL

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
(User ID: AirDC)
Pre-takeoff checklist

Anthony & Jennifer.............2.........N28641............. .......N47....... ....Fri/Sat...No
Andrew + Ashley...........2...........N52126/172...............KGAI............Fri-Sun (tentative).......booked at H.I.
AirDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Position and Hold

Quote:
Added to the list.....

Thanks for adding me!
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Posted in reply to Tracey's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
(User ID: TMetzinger)
Final Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
Thanks for adding me!
Don't cancel... We'd hate to axe you.

The first myth of management is that it exists.
The first myth of communication is that it's occurred.
TMetzinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Posted in reply to TMetzinger's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
Position and Hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMetzinger View Post
Don't cancel... We'd hate to axe you.
Axe me what? You can axe me anything.
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Posted in reply to Tracey's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
Touchdown! Greaser!

I seem to recall a few posts where some people are going to be flying into KPHL (Philly Int'l). I will be too. Can somebody give me a lift from Atlantic Aviation where I will be parking the plane?
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Posted in reply to AdamB's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
Position and Hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
Oh cool. I live in southern NH as well. About a half hour inland from the coast.

I plan to leave sometime Friday afternoon and depart after
Breakfast on Sunday. It's just my girlfriend and I so consider
It an open offer. The seat will be there up until departure time if you
Can make it.
Adam, there's a chance I might be going a day earlier to meet a friend-- if so, I'll be flying in my 767 But I will let you know as we get closer. If someone else needs my seat though, don't wait for me, I'd hate to hold anyone up.

And again, thank you-- I really appreciate your offer.
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
(User ID: TMetzinger)
Final Approach

Quote:
I seem to recall a few posts where some people are going to be flying into KPHL (Philly Int'l). I will be too. Can somebody give me a lift from Atlantic Aviation where I will be parking the plane?
Yes.

I'll be coming up with ground transport on Friday Morning, and will be available on Sunday until around noon to provide pick-ups and rides.

I'll post a link to a Googledocs spreadsheet shortly where folks can post their arrival and departure times and drivers can "bid" for the trips.

The first myth of management is that it exists.
The first myth of communication is that it's occurred.
TMetzinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Posted in reply to TMetzinger's post "Re: WINGS FLYBQ 2012"
Position and Hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMetzinger View Post
and drivers can "bid" for the trips.
I bid for shotgun!
Home Register New Posts Today's Posts
Go Back   Pilots of America Message Board > Controlled Airspace > Cool Places to Fly > Annual Wings Fly B Q