War for the Hell Of It

JimNtexas

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim - In Texas!
War for the Hell of it by Ed Cobleigh is of the best books about fighter aviation ever written, and positively the best book about the F-4 in SEA ever written.

Decades ago I was a brand new F-4Cww EWO. I came into to the operation force about the time we declared victory in Southeast Asia and turned our snack bars over to the bad guys.

Pretty much all the crews other me an a coupl of other lieutenants were highly experienced, and all were Combat veterans.

The stories they told a line perfectly with the stories in this book. It really shows what squadron life was like in those bad old days.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough to anyone from highly experienced River Rats to brand new military cadets to civilians with an interest in aviation history.

Highly readable, funny in many places, tragic in other places, and will leave the reader with a sense of the frustration, many of the unsung heroes of those horrible days experienced

Thanks, added to my reading wish list.

Just ordered it. Currently reading Richard Secord (Honor and Betrayed). He flew AF T-28s special ops out of Laos and later on with the CIA. Some interesting stories to say the least.

Back