Stretchy Leggings

In the absence of a dress code (ugh we have one), it depends on company culture. What is the boss wearing? Everyone else?

I'll say it... you're old arent you? :D

Sure it absolutely matters for the interview, but after that? Performance is what counts. As long as you aren't egregiously disgusting no one cares. I've worked as an engineer in a plant, and if you come dressed up nicely you will not be respected by anyone there, you're expected to get dirty <- okay that's an extreme example. Still, how you dress is largely shallow and in almost all tech companies people wear shorts and tee-shirts or whatever they want.

In my mind if the employees are happy and comfortable and don't feel like a working stiff, they'll be happier, if they're happier they'll do better work.

It's weird at my place. A lot of engineers dressed way too nice for a hands on, you might get dirty job. Dressed up for me is when I wear a buttoned shirt instead of a t-shirt. And Fridays are always Hawaiian shirt day.

I'll say it... you're old arent you? :D

Yeah. The subtle clues include:

* Use of the word "gorgeous".
* "There was a time when..."
* I've worked here longer than most POAers have been alive.
* The concept of retirement crosses my mind at least once a week.
* I hate sport bikes.
* I can no longer top the tanks in a 150 or R22.
* People under 40 don't dress right and are disrespectful.
* I have my lawn treated by TruGreen.
* The world is going to hell in almost every respect.
* Somehow, talking about cuties in tights gives me something to complain about. I wasn't always like this.

If you could have seen what my X could do with a hula hoop you would have married her too.

My x could have competed in a hula hoop contest and the starter on my 95 Harley was hardly ever used (let that one sink in...). Sometimes I really miss her but then again, so do most of the guys in my Battalion. (best 10 worst years of my life...)

Hey, that's near here! Oh, you're at Rucker, that's not far either. Was just at Andalusia last weekend.

Hank, that's awesome. We should organize a meet up somewhere. I'm always looking for an excuse to fly...

Back