Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments are amazing.

4 restraining orders really isn't that much though is it? Id say it's about average
It's probably like driving suspending in Ohio. I was listening to a podcast (Serial) last night about the Ohio justice system and they said that suspending drivers licenses for things unrelated to driving (e.g. child support) was a common practice because it's really hard to survive in Ohio without driving and provides a strong incentive to take care of your business.

But, some people can't, or refuse to, take care of whatever situation caused the suspension and just keep driving anyway because they have no choice.

As a result, the average person charged with driving while suspended has been charged three times for driving while suspended.

So, most people never get a restraining order, but maybe once you have one, it's pretty likely to be a pattern of behaviour that leads to multiples.

Last edited:
It's probably like driving suspending in Ohio. I was listening to a podcast (Serial) last night about the Ohio justice system and they said that suspending drivers licenses for thing unrelated to driving (e.g. child support) was a common practice because it's really hard to survive in Ohio without driving and provides a strong incentive to take care of your business.

But, some people can't, or refuse to, take care of whatever situation caused the suspension and just keep driving anyway because they have no choice.

As a result, the average person charged with driving while suspended has been charged three times for driving while suspended.

So, most people never get a restraining order, but maybe once you have one, it's pretty likely to be a pattern of behaviour that leads to multiples.

I dealt with a car painter whose brother spent 10 days in an Ohio jail for non-payment of $100 in self-employment taxes. Apparently they don't F around in Ohio.

It's a rainy day in NY, can't go flying. Came here to see what Dan's been up to. #notdisappointed.

It's probably like driving suspending in Ohio. I was listening to a podcast (Serial) last night about the Ohio justice system and they said that suspending drivers licenses for things unrelated to driving (e.g. child support) was a common practice because it's really hard to survive in Ohio without driving and provides a strong incentive to take care of your business.

"I've heard a man in crisis
Falls back on what he knows best
A murderer to murder
A thief to theft" - Michael Timmins

Nothing to do with the thread title, it's just a good lyric. Re child support, also not relevant to the current thread and may not still be accurate, but used to be in some counties in VA, if you have the ability and are way late on child support, they don't suspend your license. They issue a bench warrant, arrest you, and hold you until decide to pay. Believe it was just holding in contempt for violating order of the court. Friend of mine got her back payments that way. Apparently it's an effective system.

Re child support, also not relevant to the current thread and may not still be accurate, but used to be in some counties in VA, if you have the ability and are way late on child support, they don't suspend your license. They issue a bench warrant, arrest you, and hold you until decide to pay. Believe it was just holding in contempt for violating order of the court. Friend of mine got her back payments that way. Apparently it's an effective system.
Yeah, there is no "good" system. Only the least bad one. No spouse should have to raise a child without the owed support payments and levers to get them seem appropriate. But it's also hard to see how that spouse/taxpayers/society/america benefits by putting people in jail that don't have the capacity to pay. It's a balancing act.

Meanwhile, to tug this back on topic, Gryder remains substantially free despite multiple restraining orders and threatening to run over the police with a DC3.

Yeah, there is no "good" system. Only the least bad one. No spouse should have to raise a child without the owed support payments and levers to get them seem appropriate. But it's also hard to see how that spouse/taxpayers/society/america benefits by putting people in jail that don't have the capacity to pay. It's a balancing act.

Meanwhile, to tug this back on topic, Gryder remains substantially free despite multiple restraining orders and threatening to run over the police with a DC3.
bull shorts

So he lied to seem relevant, or he’s a thief. Great choices he left himself.

But it's also hard to see how that spouse/taxpayers/society/america benefits by putting people in jail that don't have the capacity to pay. It's a balancing act.

Jail is not the best inducement for this situation as it renders the deadbeat unable to pay. A public lashing would seem more appropriate.

A federal welfare reform law passed in 1996 required states to take license actions for non payment of child support. Today all 50 states have statutory or administrative provisions authorizing the suspension or revocation of various licenses for failure to pay child support. This includes hunting, fishing, and drivers licenses.

Surprisingly the law never required the FAA to suspend pilot certificates, but you can’t use a suspended drivers license as the ID needed with the pilots certificate.

"I've heard a man in crisis
Falls back on what he knows best
A murderer to murder
A thief to theft" - Michael Timmins

Nothing to do with the thread title, it's just a good lyric. Re child support, also not relevant to the current thread and may not still be accurate, but used to be in some counties in VA, if you have the ability and are way late on child support, they don't suspend your license. They issue a bench warrant, arrest you, and hold you until decide to pay. Believe it was just holding in contempt for violating order of the court. Friend of mine got her back payments that way. Apparently it's an effective system.
In Virginia, child services can petition the court to request suspension of:

• Business licenses, certificates, or registrations
  • Drivers license
  • Professional or occupation licenses (Barbers, Plumbers, Medical Professionals)
  • Recreational Licenses (hunting, fishing)

Judges aren't stupid. Some people can't pay, some refuse to pay. And some can't pay because they refuse to pay. A deadbeat who hasn't been paying his obligations because he "can't find a job," might just start looking with renewed vigor after a few nights on a cot in county.

The comments are amazing.
Don't you know better than to never read the comments?
Makes sense. If somebody is not paying, take away their ability to earn. That'll fix it!
The previous few posts amaze me. Can people be so miseducated to believe that Debtor's Prison is a new concept?

Some Judges aren't stupid.

FIFY

A deadbeat who hasn't been paying his obligations because he "can't find a job," might just start looking with renewed vigor after a few nights on a cot in county.

Perhaps. But why house and feed the deadbeat for a few days when other techniques only take a few minutes and are probably more effective?
1714403342750.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back