confirm you have....

Welcome to the world in internet forums Jeff. Be glad someone didn't hijack your thread into the best recipe for Bundt cake.

I made a comment that during my first annual that all of my fuel lines needed changed. More than one person said that it should have been caught on the pre-buy inspection. Yeah....that doesn't really....

Just roll with it Jeff and don't expect the answer you want because a lot of times you won't get it.

It just gets old sometimes, vectoring off course no biggie - having words put in your mouth you didn't say... eh... whatcha gonna do

I wonder if it might get pilots a bit better on the radio if they sit on the other side for a few minutes.

I did this a couple of weeks ago, spent a little time in a class D tower (underlying Class B), definitely gives you a much better appreciation of what controllers really do. The field was fairly busy that day, the controller had a lot going on (hell I couldn't understand what half the pilots were even saying it was so fast and jumbled, and sloppy really) but the guy never missed a beat. Even managed to talk to me and explain a little bit about how his "side of the mike" worked all at the same time. Definitely a good experience, I would recommend it to anyone.

Hearing that controllers are busy makes me happy. It means that GA is not even close to dead.

Are they controlling GA or Commercial flights? ;)

I don't know where you cruise around, but I am most definitely in contact with ATC as a GA pilot, and I hear plenty of other GA pilots wasting controllers' time on the radio as well.

"November 123 confirm you have ATIS Charlie"
"Approach, 123, actually Delta is current".
"123 confirm you have ATIS charlie I need to hear those words".

"November 123 confirm you have ATIS Charlie"
"Approach, 123, actually Delta is current".
"123 confirm you have ATIS charlie I need to hear those words".
Interesting. I've never had a controller say that to me.

That would be pretty weird when there's no longer any way to GET charlie.

Hey, don't knock the Bundt until you've tried it. I can honestly say that I've never ignored pilots while eating it....but then again I think the last time I actually saw a bundt cake was in the 70s.

I got an ad in the mail recently offering me a free sample of bundt cake. It was the first time I'd ever heard of it.

Back