Boeing’s on a streak...

.....and another one. Of course the plane is 34 years old, but that doesn't change the headline.

File this under "truth is stranger than fiction"

The slide as a dropped object puzzles me. In the E-3 (707 airframe), the slide is part of the door, and there’s a bar that has to be manually attached to the floor once the door is closed. Once the door is closed, the entire assembly is surrounded by airframe.

How a slide turns into a dropped object seems like a procedural error or inadvertent deployment that should have been noticed at pushback or somewhere along taxi. I have a hard time seeing this as a manufacturing defect.

I have a hard time seeing this as a manufacturing defect.

BOEING!!!! BOEING!!!! BOEING!!!!

That's all that is required to almost guarantee a guilty verdict. (Only thing more ironclad would be if it had happened to a United flight.)

Eh. They kinda earned it, so I can't feel badly about. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Also interesting that it's the whole company. I remember the DC-10 problems, and that didn't become a McDD thing, it was just a DC-10 thing. Then on the other hand, that was a maintenance problem, if I remember correctly, not a manufacturing problem, and I don't remember that companies management being exposed as covering it up. Similar with the Pinto. That was a Pinto thing, not a Ford thing, even if they did know about the problems. I was in grade school at the time, though, so not sure about any of the facts.

And the hits just keep on a comin'

Can you imagine how it must feel to be an astronaut strapped into a Boeing spacecraft this evening after seeing this story today? :eek:

Back