I Hate Enterprise

I mainly rent with Hertz due to high status from some airlines. I have not had any issues. Well, sort of. My last trip to Hawaii, I had a choice of a Camaro SS or a Camaro SS or a Camaro SS. Not that I don't like hot cars, it has a tiny trunk lid so suitcase on the back seat. And not great visibility for the heavy traffic.

I do rent from Enterprise, mainly though the FBO program. Pretty good luck, but one not so great one.

The pre-buy on my plane and my transition training was at T41 outside of Houston. I flew in commercial and next morning rented from local Enterprise. I was discussing logistics of returning the car with my instructor. He told me about the FBO program. So I called and set up returning the car at the FBO.

I get the invoice and was charged $200 pick up fee. So I called the office I rented from and said WTF? And told them this change was through the FBO program. The person told me that it could not be changed mid rental. They said I should have driven to their office and they would give me a free ride back to the airport. I pointed out that I left on Sunday, so they were closed. I was told I could have taken an Uber back and they would have reimbursed me, which they had NOT told me prior to this.

But they offered, as a courtesy, to cut the charge in half. I stated, if they charged me anything, I would never rent from them again. After a pause, they waived the entire fee.

I mainly rent with Hertz due to high status from some airlines. I have not had any issues. Well, sort of. My last trip to Hawaii, I had a choice of a Camaro SS or a Camaro SS or a Camaro SS. Not that I don't like hot cars, it has a tiny trunk lid so suitcase on the back seat. And not great visibility for the heavy traffic.

I do rent from Enterprise, mainly though the FBO program. Pretty good luck, but one not so great one.

The pre-buy on my plane and my transition training was at T41 outside of Houston. I flew in commercial and next morning rented from local Enterprise. I was discussing logistics of returning the car with my instructor. He told me about the FBO program. So I called and set up returning the car at the FBO.

I get the invoice and was charged $200 pick up fee. So I called the office I rented from and said WTF? And told them this change was through the FBO program. The person told me that it could not be changed mid rental. They said I should have driven to their office and they would give me a free ride back to the airport. I pointed out that I left on Sunday, so they were closed. I was told I could have taken an Uber back and they would have reimbursed me, which they had NOT told me prior to this.

But they offered, as a courtesy, to cut the charge in half. I stated, if they charged me anything, I would never rent from them again. After a pause, they waived the entire fee.

I absolutely laughed the first time I drove a new Camaro SS (around 2011 or so) as a rental. The trunk lid is large, the opening to actually put something IN the trunk is not. Even worse if you drive one of the convertible models. The 2010+ Camaro has the WORST blind spots of any modern car I've ever driven, even the Corvette has better rear visibility. They could have at least incorporated the wide-view mirrors like a Mustang has. The Camaro may win the bench racing specs for HP and such, but it makes a terrible daily driver with big blind spots (flip on turn signal and pray) as well as a really short front windshield that makes it seem like you're looking out through a periscope.

Back